Segelei 150W worth it or not ?

noobie

Hello, i had smpl mod with mutation x v2 for about a month. But yesterday i dropped it and it seemed to be broken on the button area. So this time im trying to get a box mod and im looking at segelei 150 W authentic for $78. And im wondering if buying this device is worth it for this price. Lastly if i get the device can i still use my mutation and can i use two different brands of 18650 batteries for the mod. Thank you ! 

It's definitely a nice mod, no temperature control but if you're not going to use temperature control it will definitely work. Yes you can still use your mutation rda...and no you want to use the same brand for your 150. I would suggest if you can, buy a couple new batteries. Batteries performance can start to lag if they're old enough...imo...I would suggest some Samsung 25r 18650 or some yellow lg he4 batteries...both good batteries and 2500 mah.

The Sigelei 150W is a nice device, and has all the power you'll likely ever need.  To me, it would be like buying a Porche to drive 1-mile to work every day, though, because I rarely ever need more than 60W ;)  Everyone's needs are different, though, and if the price is within your budget, I say snag it!

Batteries... never mix different brands, different mAh ratings, different Amp-ratings, or even old/new batteries in a dual-battery mod.  Rainbowtears suggested two good batteries, and I absolutely endorse the Samsung 25r!  For a 150W box, I might also suggest Purple Efest 2500mAh, 35A batteries.  Whichever you get, always purchase at least twice as many as you need!  Your mod takes 2, so I'd suggest buying 4 or 6, so you will always have a pair ready to swap-out.  Also label them in pairs A-A, B-B, C-C, etc. so you can always keep a matched pair together.  They'll last longer and perform better that way, IMO.

The Sigelei 150 is well worth it.Excellent battery life and it is a very well built device.I don't drip anymore,but if I ever feel the need to I can pop on my Darkhorse and have all the power I need to use it depending on the build.

Well I'm late to the party but if you can get a 150W authentic for $78 the only thing I can say is why haven't you bought it yet?

I have the plus 100W and it out performs my Cloupor T8 150W box.  At 80W my Segelei noticeably out performs the T8 at 150W.  I have dropped it numerous times and it still works like a champ.  It has a few scratches and scrapes but I just consider that 'character'.  I have a temp controlled device and I built nickel and (IMO) it's a pain to work with and I notice absolutely no benefit to it.  For $78 you can't go wrong!

As Earthling789 said, get a new set of batteries.  You always want to marry a set and always use them together.