Help with new upgrade and batteries ?

duke9023

I'm thinking about taking the plunge into my next upgrade for a box mod...I want something in the 80 watt and up range and was looking into the Sigelei 100 Watt Plus and the Sigelei 150 Watt any thoughts on these two? I've heard a lot about the 150 watt having problems with the firing button? Also my second question, the box mods I have now have built in batteries so I've never had a need to purchase batteries or battery chargers...What kind of batteries would you guys recommend to run something like the two box mods I mentioned? Is it wise to have a battery charger, what kind? 

Check out my review here on the sigelei 100w plus. It is a good mod. As for batteries i would suggest lg he2's they are 2500 mah and rated at 35 amps. And the 100w plus does not have a charge port so i would suggest a nitecore intellicharger either the 2 bay or 4 bay.

Right now the Sigelei's seem to be the devices to get.  IPV3's of course are still selling without an issue, but from what I've heard and seen the Sigelei just seems a bit superior overall in quality.  If you don't necessarily need a regulated device, there is a huge market of small businesses producing unregulated and semi regulated box mods you could also look into.

^^I also have the 4 bay intellicharger, and it works great.  I've heard some people say they don't give a full charge, but I've tested numerous batteries that have come off a fresh charge and they all read 4.2.

Chalk up another vote for the Sigelei.  I have the 100w plus and I love it.  I use it pretty much exclusively with several different tanks and a couple of RDA's.  Same with the Nitecore Intellicharger.  I have both the i2 and the i4 and they both perform flawlessly for me.

As far as the batteries are concerned, the LG HE2's recommended by Shen are definitely a good choice (I have one pair of the HE2's).  Another good choice would be the Samsung 25R's (my personal preference, not saying they are the best or the worst...they just happen to be what I use for the most part)  I'm sure others would recommend the Sony VTC4s or VTC5s or the purple Efest batteries.  I don't own any of those though.  My only other recommendations regarding batteries would be:

1. Buy a minimum of 4 when starting out.  6 would be a better choice if you can swing it.  Along the same lines of having multiple PV's or APV's (backups and backups for your backups), the same rule applies to batteries in my opinion.  In my short time vaping, I have learned there is no such thing as having too many 18650 batteries.
  2. Don't mix brands when using them (in fact, because I'm anal, I actually mark and "pair" my batteries when I buy them). 
  3. Battery cases...can't forget cases.  They are one of, if not the absolute, cheapest safety devices you can invest in.

i believe you can purchase  either  box mods now for under 100. 100w can fire down to 0.15 ohms while the 150w can go down to 0.1 ohms  the are so close  it would be a personal choice, perhaps go and hold both and see what you like.  They are almost identical in size.  I have the i2 intellicharger and the  luc 4 charger, both work flawlessly.  The luc 4 also comes with a dc plug for using the charger in your car. I agree with all mention batteries, they all seem to work well.  remember to  pay attention to the power your tank can handle ie arctic can handle  up to 100w with the 0.2 factory coil and subtank mini can handle up to 30w with 0.5 ohm coil.

I'm thinking about taking the plunge into my next upgrade for a box mod...I want something in the 80 watt and up range and was looking into the Sigelei 100 Watt Plus and the Sigelei 150 Watt any thoughts on these two? I've heard a lot about the 150 watt having problems with the firing button? Also my second question, the box mods I have now have built in batteries so I've never had a need to purchase batteries or battery chargers...What kind of batteries would you guys recommend to run something like the two box mods I mentioned? Is it wise to have a battery charger, what kind?

If 80 watts is enough for you and you don't want to spend the money on a sigelei, batteries and charger I'd suggest the upgraded version of the smoke m80 (comes out of the box with v006) has a true 80 watt output fires down to .1ohms has two built in 18650's 4400mah. and has pass through charging. And a good bit smaller than the sigelei. And of course has mech mode as one of the settings