Layering Flavors

Does anyone have advice on how to build or layer flavors? My creations taste pretty good but I am having trouble with just one flavor standing out.  Really no use in using four to five flavors if I can only taste one of them.  I'm sure changing %'s would help but are there any rules of thumb so to speak???  I find I mix more desert's than anything else if that matters.

It just takes time and learning how your flavors work together comes with experience, there are no "rules of thumb." Just like making a cake it takes the right amount of ingredients to have a great cake or a flop. There are flavors that over power others and as you find these, you need to back off that flavor. Just to emphasize, if you are making a spaghetti sauce and add to much garlic, that is all you taste. You are on the right track, just think of mixing flavors as you would in cooking with spices and find that "Goldilocks Zone" for the flavor your mixing.

Bingo!!!!!!!! If you can't find any up there let me know. I will dig you some myself and send them to you. They grow wild all over the place around here. I eat them every day in season which is gonna be in about a week. I dig so much and freeze them so I can have them year round. The season only lasts about two months...

You got it buddy!!! :)

Yeah, most normal grocery stores don't carry them for some reason. If I don't have the time to dig them I can find them at veggie stands. Sometimes people will also just sell them on the side of the road.

I have all the time in the world right now so I'll be digging them hard and heavy this year...lol

Give me about a week or two and I'll have a pkg on its way for you. Gotta figure out how to keep them cool/cold and get them through are wonderful postal service.

It's not illegal to send them that way at all. I can buy them on this wonderful internet all year but for big major bucks. I think they sell around 15 bucks a pound to the big fancy restaurants in NYC.

I have bought 20 lbs for 15 bucks around here...lmao. Like I said though, this year I'll be digging my own for free...lol

I can also get gensing straight outta the ground too...lol

I use to get dry-ice from the local hospital and health department.  They receive meds, vaccinations, etc packed in dry-ice, and will give it away, along with the little Styrofoam shipping boxes too... or at least they use to...  If someone doesn't use it, they just let it evaporate and toss the boxes after a few days anyway.