Dark Horse R.D.A. Clone Review

ok so recently i received my free stuff that i got from gearbest.com when i got a $30 gift card from the contest they held here on the forums.

From what i can tell this clone is almost identical an authentic, but there are a few slight differences.

this rda is a standard three post design with a gold plated copper positive post and gold plated copper 510 pin, which is adjustable.

the post holes are fairly big 3 mm if i remember correctly, so you can run thicker wire through it with no issues.

this clone did come with phillips head screws instead of grub nuts and they do tend to back out, but not really bad.

it does come with the "monster" wide bore drip tip which i believe to be delrin, but i am not really sure on this because info of this clones specs is really limited. it also comes with an adaptor for your standard 510 style drip tips and it does come with a stainless steel 510 drip tip as well.

the tolerances on the deck where the outer barrel fastens are fairly good, i.e. not too loose and not too tight.

this rda can be run in either single coil, dual coil, or quad coil modes.

you also get the standard bag of goodies with the atty, a length of silica wick, 2 pre-made coils, replacement screws, replacement o-rings, and the standard crappy blue screwdriver which is way too dang small for the screw heads.

cons:

if you try to unscrew the atty from your device the air flow control ring spins and tends to loosed the drip tip/top cap section

positive post spins when trying to tighten to connection...really a pita

outer barrel is like 1mm too narrow to fit on the deck and it cuts into the deck o-rings.  only used the atty for maybe 5 days or so and already had to replace the upper o-ring on the outside of the deck because it got cut in half by the outer barrel.

all in all i mean yes the cons are pretty big, but i got the thing for free and it still serves its purpose.

i did put a video review up on my youtube channel Vaping With ShenLong, here is a link.   https://youtu.be/0o9kkrWdPIE

Edited by Tam
added vid

• 2 weeks later...

Your welcome...wanted to give my full honest opinion on it...other than the few issues i mentioned, it still works great and does it's job...but i did manage to work out the kinks...

Stay tuned i have a sigelei 100w plus review coming soon.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines