Absolutely Amazing And 2 Questions

Galex

OK, I'm trying not to count my chickens before they hatch. But after three days, I have absolutely no interest in analogs. Out of pure curiosity, I tried one last night -- and yuck. Couldn't even finish it. In fact, I was sad that I had to wait to get my next vape session in (don't want to OD on nic). Who knows, maybe someday down the line they'll appeal to me again, but I really hope not.

I'm honestly just blown away by how much more I enjoy the vaping experience. Yes, it's a little more fiddly than I thought it would be, but the sheer level of customization is astounding. You can tailor your vaping to your exact specifications. Fantastic.

I have to say that I'm completely delighted with the Spade so far. My starter kit from TW has sat completely idle since I got the Spade on Friday. Oh well, it's good to have a backup I suppose. Also Chris, your Mentha is REALLY good stuff.

OK, enough with the gushing. I have 3 quick (I hope) questions:

-How many spare attys do you guys usually keep around? I have 5 on order, which will give me 7 total that I own for now. That seems like a decent amount, but what's your 'trigger' number that prompts you to reorder?

-When you direct drip, what's your usual indicator that it's time to put some more in? And how many drops do you usually put in? This is for regular 3.7 volt vaping, not 6v (haven't tried that yet and I assume there's a difference).

-I've been switching between direct dripping and using carts. When using a cart, what I've been doing is after a few puffs if I notice the vapor dropping off, I just add a few drops onto the little wad and I'm good to go it seems. Is this OK, or should I periodically do a 'full charge' of the cartridge?

OK, one last bonus question. Where's the best place on these forums to ask about a particular vendor's juice? I'm curious about a couple of them but haven't seen a particular review.

Thanks so much guys and gals. I've been struggling for months with how to kick the cigarette habit. I can't tell you how encouraged I am after just 3 days.

-How many spare attys do you guys usually keep around? I have 5 on order, which will give me 7 total that I own for now. That seems like a decent amount, but what's your 'trigger' number that prompts you to reorder?

An atomizer will last me for three weeks tops, it will vape for about 4 but after three weeks its not a good vape anymore. I reorder when I have two left in my stock. I try to order as many as I can because the 801 Low Bridge attys are hard to come by.

-When you direct drip, what's your usual indicator that it's time to put some more in? And how many drops do you usually put in? This is for regular 3.7 volt vaping, not 6v (haven't tried that yet and I assume there's a difference).

I direct drip, With the 801 I drip 3 to 4 drops and get about 7 to 9 good drags. The vapor will start to taste Burnt or Nutty or Metallic, that is when I know it's time to drip again.

-I've been switching between direct dripping and using carts. When using a cart, what I've been doing is after a few puffs if I notice the vapor dropping off, I just add a few drops onto the little wad and I'm good to go it seems. Is this OK, or should I periodically do a 'full charge' of the cartridge?

That is an OK way of doing it, just don't over fill it because it will leak.

OK, one last bonus question. Where's the best place on these forums to ask about a particular vendor's juice? I'm curious about a couple of them but haven't seen a particular review.

Ask in the Suppliers forum about their juices or just post a topic in the General E-Cig Forum Area

Thanks so much guys and gals. I've been struggling for months with how to kick the cigarette habit. I can't tell you how encouraged I am after just 3 days.

We really mean it when we say we want to help, so don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have.

OK, I'm trying not to count my chickens before they hatch. But after three days, I have absolutely no interest in analogs. Out of pure curiosity, I tried one last night -- and yuck. Couldn't even finish it. In fact, I was sad that I had to wait to get my next vape session in (don't want to OD on nic). Who knows, maybe someday down the line they'll appeal to me again, but I really hope not.

I'm honestly just blown away by how much more I enjoy the vaping experience. Yes, it's a little more fiddly than I thought it would be, but the sheer level of customization is astounding. You can tailor your vaping to your exact specifications. Fantastic.

I have to say that I'm completely delighted with the Spade so far. My starter kit from TW has sat completely idle since I got the Spade on Friday. Oh well, it's good to have a backup I suppose. Also Chris, your Mentha is REALLY good stuff.

OK, enough with the gushing. I have 3 quick (I hope) questions:

It warms the cockles of my heart to hear that Galex ! It really is amazing isn't it !

I really wish more beginners would just go with a mod.... Everyone ends up there anyway right ?

7 is a pretty good amount of atty's to have on hand... some will last longer than others. I don't have a specific number that I stick with, I've just gotten into the habit of ordering one anytime I order some juice which I do every payday. That keeps me on top of it.

I drip exclusively. I drip 3 drops and vape until the flavor/vapor drops off, then add 3 more drops..... Occasionally I will need to remove the atty and blow through the battery side into a paper towel as it gets a bit clogged up.... I vape at 3.7v on a 510 atty as well.

Just be sure to keep the filling wet if you drop on the cart.... But I think you will find empty cart direct atty dripping to be the easiest.

There are sooooooo many juices to choose from that I keep trying different ones all the time.... I have found that most suppliers offer sampler sizes.... I have lots of those.

But I must say that the best I've had so far are VT's Dulcis and Midnight !

Again CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!

Edited by vapemudgeon

That's exactly how it happened for me! I've been smoke free for almost 2 months now and I've had no desire whatsoever to go back. I'm positive it will stay that way now.

It looks like most of your questions have been answered for now, so I won't add to it. Not that I have enough experience to answer them anyway. LOL I haven't come up with a good number on the attys yet. I'd been waiting for someone to get the LB 801 attys in so I could try them, so when Arno got some in, I ordered 3 - his limit. I want to order more when VT gets them in, too. I was thinking I wanted at least 6 on hand, but don't know how low to let it go before getting more. So, these questions helped me out, too. Thanks for asking them.

Yep, really amazing how easy it is to make the switch. I started last week, only vaping in the evenings until I got use to it. I found during the day at work with my analogs I missed my vape! Saturday is the 1st day I've vaped all day and now I've been two days without an analog and don't think I'll ever want one. Love vaping! I'm having pretty good luck with my 510, but haven't used the batteries yet. I've got 4 and a usb charger so I'll see how they hold up at work tomorrow. I have a Spade to, but I put it up for Christmas. :angry:

Congrats!

Yep, really amazing how easy it is to make the switch. I started last week, only vaping in the evenings until I got use to it. I found during the day at work with my analogs I missed my vape! Saturday is the 1st day I've vaped all day and now I've been two days without an analog and don't think I'll ever want one. Love vaping! I'm having pretty good luck with my 510, but haven't used the batteries yet. I've got 4 and a usb charger so I'll see how they hold up at work tomorrow. I have a Spade to, but I put it up for Christmas. :angry:

Congrats!

Good job Brian!! Two days without an analog! There's no looking back now. By the way.... I got a side bet that you break open the Spade before Christmas. :D

Good job Brian!! Two days without an analog! There's no looking back now. By the way.... I got a side bet that you break open the Spade before Christmas. :D

Thanks! That's a bet you're likely to win friend. :devil:

An atomizer will last me for three weeks tops, it will vape for about 4 but after three weeks its not a good vape anymore. I reorder when I have two left in my stock. I try to order as many as I can because the 801 Low Bridge attys are hard to come by.

I direct drip, With the 801 I drip 3 to 4 drops and get about 7 to 9 good drags. The vapor will start to taste Burnt or Nutty or Metallic, that is when I know it's time to drip again.

That is an OK way of doing it, just don't over fill it because it will leak.

Ask in the Suppliers forum about their juices or just post a topic in the General E-Cig Forum Area

We really mean it when we say we want to help, so don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have.

Oh MAN!

I'm expecting my Spade tomorrow.

I thought the atomizers lasted longer than 3 or 4 weeks.

How much are they?

I see you guys talking about the 510 & 810 but no Brand.

Where are you geeting them.

I feel like vaping is a cleaner way to get my NIC, but I was expecting it to be a lot more economical than analogs.

Analogs ran me about $80.00 - $90.00 a month just for me, plus the wife has to smoke B&H Deluxe Ultra Light Menthols that run $65.00 a carton every 2-3 weeks.

Think I'm going to stay under the 50 - 60 a month cost????

Oh MAN!

How much are they?

I feel like vaping is a cleaner way to get my NIC, but I was expecting it to be a lot more economical than analogs.

Analogs ran me about $80.00 - $90.00 a month just for me, plus the wife has to smoke B&H Deluxe Ultra Light Menthols that run $65.00 a carton every 2-3 weeks.

With analogs running you $80-90.00 a month, I'll just guess and put you at around half a pack a day. That should also mean that you won't vape heavily, so the atomizer may indeed last you a lot longer and juice as well. $50-60 a month should be very do-able, you're problem may be that you end up enjoying vaping so much that you vape a lot lol.

But honestly, if you vape like you smoke, you will stay within your cost range easily.

With analogs running you $80-90.00 a month, I'll just guess and put you at around half a pack a day. That should also mean that you won't vape heavily, so the atomizer may indeed last you a lot longer and juice as well. $50-60 a month should be very do-able, you're problem may be that you end up enjoying vaping so much that you vape a lot lol.

But honestly, if you vape like you smoke, you will stay within your cost range easily.

Actually It was about 3/4 to 1 pack a day and with this cheesy starter kit I have I TRY to vape away the the withdrawls,plus trying to

get the hang of it. Dripping, or carts, Dripping and driving, etc.

I understand from Chris's video that the Spade uses the 510 atomizer, where do I get them?

Seems I've seen more than 1 brand called the 510 or am I mistaken?

Actually It was about 3/4 to 1 pack a day and with this cheesy starter kit I have I TRY to vape away the the withdrawls,plus trying to

get the hang of it. Dripping, or carts, Dripping and driving, etc.

I understand from Chris's video that the Spade uses the 510 atomizer, where do I get them?

Seems I've seen more than 1 brand called the 510 or am I mistaken?

Yes there are many variations of the 510, the one that people will refer to as "genuine" will be made by Joye. All parts, genuine or clone, should work together without problems. Most of the suppliers here will sell 510 atomizers, the spade uses a 510 atomizer made by Janty, which I believe Vapor Talk is supposed to be getting in so you will be able to purchase them through here.

Yes there are many variations of the 510, the one that people will refer to as "genuine" will be made by Joye. All parts, genuine or clone, should work together without problems. Most of the suppliers here will sell 510 atomizers, the spade uses a 510 atomizer made by Janty, which I believe Vapor Talk is supposed to be getting in so you will be able to purchase them through here.

So both the Joye and the Janty 510's will fit the Spade?

Guess I'm worried about compatibility.

Oh MAN!

How much are they?

Oops! I didn't mean to freak you out there, Ray. I need to clarify that statement that I made. I smoked 2-1/2 packs of analogue cigarettes a day, I was a heavy smoker and I am a heavy vaper. I vape constantly. I generally vape two 3ml bottles a day. My attys get a lot of use and that is why I have to change them regularly. I haven't priced it out because I haven't plained out on a nicotine level yet but I'm close to it. I could estimate that the cost of eCigs on a monthly average for me will be in the neighbor hood of 50 to 60 per month after the initial cost of the set up which I'm done with now. I was spending 5000.00 per year on analogue cigarettes. Even if I spend 100.00 per month on eCigs I'm still in the black by 3800.00. If you are not a heavy smoker then you will not have to change your atty as often and you will not use as much juice as I do. Sorry if I scared you.

So both the Joye and the Janty 510's will fit the Spade?

Guess I'm worried about compatibility.

Yes a Joye/Janty/Slb atty will all fit the spade. The Janty looks better because of the gold band on it. If the atty is a 510 atty, you won't have any problems. Unless you just have bad luck with an atty, I don't see you going through them at any major rate.

You are now entering the world of vaping. Calm down, sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride!

Yes a Joye/Janty/Slb atty will all fit the spade. The Janty looks better because of the gold band on it. If the atty is a 510 atty, you won't have any problems. Unless you just have bad luck with an atty, I don't see you going through them at any major rate.

You are now entering the world of vaping. Calm down, sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride!

Cool.

Now if the Postman just shows up today I will have my birthday present.

Snowing like crazy here.

Well then, Happy Birthday, Ray. What a great present that will be.

I got my 510 on my birthday and it was the best present! I think it's the only present I've ever recieved that I use and completely enjoy on a daily basis.

Happy Birthday !!!!!

Hope you get a birthday package, at least not snowing right now--more tonight--yipeeeeee (heavy sarcasm)

Where you from in colorado--just being nosey.

Lisa

Got it at noon. WOO HOO!!!!

May go stand out in it tonight and vape away.

I'm in the Springs.

Are there many Vapers in Colo. ?

Your the 1st I've heard from.