High ohm coils

I just got a BAM and it will not use anything lower than 0.6 ohm coils. What do I do to build a higher ohm dual coil set up. All I can get is 0.3 ohm. I am using 26 g wire. I also have 30 g wire. Can someone explain this to me?

Welcome to VT!

I'm not familiar with the MOD you mentioned... BAM? But if it won't fire anything below 0.6 Ohms, then you must build higher by making more wraps on your coils. Resistance is determined by the length of wire in the coil, so making a larger diameter coil with more wraps gives you more resistance. The thickness of the wire determines resistance per foot. 30ga wire has more resistance per foot than 26ga, so you'll need fewer wraps of 30ga to get the desired resistance, compared to 26ga wire (on the same size mandrel).

Use a good calculator to determine # of wraps... such as Steam-engine.org, and remember that if you're building dual-coil set-ups... to get 1.0 Ohm, you have to build each coil to 2.0 Ohms. When you put them together on your RDA, their resistance is halved.

Welcome to VT!

I'm not familiar with the MOD you mentioned... BAM?

I found this here:http://www.vaporcaststore.com/the-b-a-m-v2/

Product Description

The B.A.M. V2 is here, and in a beautiful finish!

The BAM is a 510 fitted big battery mod specially designed for use with an IMR26650 battery, or with the Kick module by evolv and a 25500 battery. Included with the BAM is an adapter ring that the Kick can be interested into for use with a 25500 battery. So you have the option of the large IMR26650 battery or a Kicked 25500 battery! The kick must be used with a 25500 or 26500 battery.

The BAM is elegantly designed with a scallop pattern grip that allows the seam to disappear when the BAM is fully assembled. Included with the BAM as an additional safety feature is a resetable fuse in line with the button. If a dead short was to happen at the atomizer, the fuse will trip until the battery is removed from the device. The top is slightly concave to capture any liquid that may leak out of the atomizer. This concave top allows the 510 fitting to be slightly recessed to allow for re-uptake of any liquid that has leaked. Because of the anodizing process, each BAM is unique and has some slight variation in the coloring.

VERY IMPORTANT: The BAM was created and released before sub ohm coils were around. The BAM has a 4.7amp auto resetting fuse since its not a true mechanical. So a fully charged battery at 4.2volts, you'll be able to go as low as a .9ohm coil which is 4.6amps. Please DO NOT use the BAM for sub-ohm usage as it will shut down and not work properly.

The BAM is approximatly 4.5in tall and 1.5in wide.

DO NOT use unprotected batteries!

DO NOT stack batteries!

Only a single battery should be used with the BAM. The user of this device should never stack smaller cell batteries into the BAM.

Interesting... so it won't fire below 0.9 Ohms... and not recommended for sub-ohming because of the Amp-limiter...

So, to the OP, you'll need to build your RDA to 1.0 Ohm or higher (two 2.0 Ohm coils) in order to use this MOD. For going below 1.0 Ohm, you'll need a different MOD, either a mechanical mod or regulated device.

I just got a BAM and it will not use anything lower than 0.6 ohm coils. What do I do to build a higher ohm dual coil set up. All I can get is 0.3 ohm. I am using 26 g wire. I also have 30 g wire. Can someone explain this to me?