little boy rda duel coil

flip200189@gmail.com

Just bought a little boy rda using on an mech mod no kick or anything. Building with 24g kenthal wire with cotton for wick. Also using a 35A high drain battery. When I use one coil it works great the full coil heats up/glows evenly (7wraps). When I go to do the same exact coil to Do duel they heat up but not enough to glow or make any real vapor. Now I have made duel coils that work fine but with 28g kenthal. Is this problem because of to many wraps (7) with the 24g kenthal?

I only have had the little boy for a night. I used some wire that came with the unit just to try it, and it was enough to generate 2 dual coils 7 WRAPS FOR total resistance 0.7 ohms. And I have to say i am totally impressed with the way this thing vapes. I have tried 50/50 60/40 it doesnt matter this thing kicks @$$. You should measure your resistance before hitting the power button, maybe when you added the second coil something is making contact thus increasing resistance?

well I have the same RDA and im currently running a dual coil 24g 9 wrap on each side and it ohms at .25ohm. here is a great online tool that while not infallible is a good ballpark guestimator. http://coiltoy.ermeso.com/ With that calculator it shows that you should be around .2ohm with 24G Kanthal a1 at 7 wraps for dual coils. Like I said Im currently running duals with 9 wraps and mine will heat up cherry red within a couple seconds.

Now that said, with the two coils that came with my RDA (Little Boy Clone) I was right at .25ohm. The vapor was a touch hot for me so I tried a single coil at 10 wraps. wasnt hot vaper anymore but the ammount was lacking. My current dual coil 9 wrap is just perfect for me. Obviously your mileage may vary...

Oh, these were all speced at a 2mm diameter coil with 0 spacing.

Hold up, 1.7 ohms on a 24G 7 wrap dual??? Um..... with what guage wire are you figuring that? did you mean .17? that seems more in the ballpark to me.... But I am new to vaping, just not electronics....

Edited by EverPresentNoob

Flip, I don't want to seem harsh, but if you're trying to build that low without an ohm meter, multi meter, or even a regulated device to check the build on I have to strongly advise you not to. As you probably know a mech has no safety features built in and you could vent the battery at best if it's a hard short. Please be safe!

When using dual coils, if you build each coil at 1.0 ohm, put them together in an RDA and it'll read .5 ohm. If you checked each coil separately and each one read .5 ohm, then putting them together will divide the resistance in half to .25 ohm. Your device might not be able to fire that low, which could be why it wouldn't work.