I stick 20W

logan108

Hey guys, I was just wondering if the stripping in this tank is as bad as I've heard? My local shop has a kit that includes this for the same price as just the 30W and I was just wondering. I am using a Nautilus and other regular ohm tanks so the extra 10W isn't that important to me but the stripping is thanks in advance!

Hey guys, I was just wondering if the stripping in this tank is as bad as I've heard? My local shop has a kit that includes this for the same price as just the 30W and I was just wondering. I am using a Nautilus and other regular ohm tanks so the extra 10W isn't that important to me but the stripping is thanks in advance!

I am not sure what you are asking, but if you are asking if the the 30watt is better and more durable than the 20watt, it is a definite yes! I never stripped the connector in my 20 watts, but many had trouble. I would pay as much as $10 - $15 more for the 30 watt. I rarely ever use anything over 20 watts, but the improvements such as the better 510 connection, better wattage regulation, screen flip, power lock, the new lip to match 22mm tanks all make it a much better value for your money...IMO

I am not sure what you are asking, but if you are asking if the the 30watt is better and more durable than the 20watt, it is a definite yes! I never stripped the connector in my 20 watts, but many had trouble. I would pay as much as $10 - $15 more for the 30 watt. I rarely ever use anything over 20 watts, but the improvements such as the better 510 connection, better wattage regulation, screen flip, power lock, the new lip to match 22mm tanks all make it a much better value for your money...IMO

That's mainly what I was asking was if the 30w was better Made enough to get it instead of the 20 and also what is the screen flip? And is it around the same size as the 20W? I loved the compactness of the 20w over the MVP 2 I have right now

Jason nailed the advantages of the 30W over the 20W versions. The flip screen is so that you can read it "right side up", regardless of which way you hold it, and it is roughly the same size as the 20W version (definitely smaller than the MVP).

If I had to do it over, even though I've not stripped my threads on the 20W versions I have, I would have purchased 30W versions...

I just got my MVP yesterday and I love it.I paid $39.99 at my B&M

You won't be disappointed. The MVP's are bullet proof, they have a good flat output signal and the new spring-loaded 510 connector fixes the biggest problem people had with the MVP 2.

I quit using the MVP because of the size/weight. I got my first iStick 20 and never used the MVP again. Then I got the 30 watt, and quit the 20 watt. Then the Sigelei mini and quit using the iStick 30watt. I just got my ipv mini v2 and it looks like the Sigelei has moved to backup....and funny thing is I am now back up to one that is nearly as big and heavy as the MVP...wallbash.gif

Edited by jasonculp

That's mainly what I was asking was if the 30w was better Made enough to get it instead of the 20 and also what is the screen flip? And is it around the same size as the 20W? I loved the compactness of the 20w over the MVP 2 I have right now

The only difference in size is the little cap on top. The picture below kinda shows the difference there is only 2mm or a hair over 1/16 inch different in the height. Everything else is the same.

You won't be disappointed. The MVP's are bullet proof, they have a good flat output signal and the new spring-loaded 510 connector fixes the biggest problem people had with the MVP 2.

I quit using the MVP because of the size/weight. I got my first iStick 20 and never used the MVP again. Then I got the 30 watt, and quit the 20 watt. Then the Sigelei mini and quit using the iStick 30watt. I just got my ipv mini v2 and it looks like the Sigelei has moved to backup....and funny thing is I am now back up to one that is nearly as big and heavy as the MVP...wallbash.gif

Yep, that IPV-mini is nearly the same weight and size, but the curved back and fire-button on the short-side make it 10x more manageable in your hand than the MVP. I stopped using my MVP when I got the iSticks, too, but now that I've had time to work with the iSticks (and their MEAN-vs-RMS quirks that force me to use them in Voltage-mode more and more), I've found new love for my MVP's stable operation, and use it as much as, if not more than, my iSticks when at home. The iSticks serve their purpose as replacements for my eGos for traveling, though.

I have two more IPV's (a V2 and a V1) on the way... so I think the iSticks will become my backups for my backups, and strictly for travel :) Their size and cost make them perfect for travel, and I can always charge them via USB in the car, on my bike, or at the office.

I have two more IPV's (a V2 and a V1) on the way... so I think the iSticks will become my backups for my backups, and strictly for travel smile.png Their size and cost make them perfect for travel, and I can always charge them via USB in the car, on my bike, or at the office.

Since I am not doing as much overnight travel lately, the replicable 18650's have been great! I keep 3 charged with me at all times. It only takes 1 for a day, but you never know. Once I get back to traveling (gone 3 nights a week) I may go back to the iSticks just for charging. I hate carrying my i4 charger on the road. I may have to get a new Xtar 2 bay or a Nitecore. I am liking this ipv mini V2 so much I may have to get a V1. The price of them is falling every day!

Edited by jasonculp

I bought the istick 30 watt for $5 more than the price they were asking for the 20 watt. I'm only using it at 12.5 watts now, but it's good to know that If I ever want to, the 30 watt can sub ohm, where the 20 watt couldn't.

As for the MVP, some people don't like how hard the fire button is to press. I like my MVP. Sometimes when just holding my istick, I accidentally press the button without intending to.

As a side note on the iStick 30W, I just got a second one today. The first has the button rattle right out of the box that the 20W has. The new one has no rattle whatsoever. I guess this new one could be a fluke, but it could be that there have been improvements in the 30W since its release...Sort of like a 30Wgen1 vs 30Wgen2, though it is of course just speculation on my part at this time.

As a side note on the iStick 30W, I just got a second one today. The first has the button rattle right out of the box that the 20W has. The new one has no rattle whatsoever. I guess this new one could be a fluke, but it could be that there have been improvements in the 30W since its release...Sort of like a 30Wgen1 vs 30Wgen2, though it is of course just speculation on my part at this time.

I was actually about to say that I got mine today as well and it didn't have button rattle I burnt a coil though because I didn't realize it was sitting on 23.7 W from where the guy at the B&M was showing me a few things about the range and that mixed with a 2.8 coil is not a good combo haha

Hey guys. So I bought a protank 2 today when I got the istick and the coil that I burnt was a mini pro2 coil so instead of dumping what juice was left in it I just transfered it over to the full sized protank and popped a new coil in but it still has a weird taste. Any thoughts? (This juice is my ADV btw)

Once you burn a coil, the juice picks up that flavor (fast).

Now you've basically contaminated the KPT2 with bad juice, so it will need to be dumped, rinsed well with hot water, and dried... else it will have that burnt taste in it for a very long time. Clean it, and pop in a fresh coil with fresh juice, and you'll be fine :)

Once you burn a coil, the juice picks up that flavor (fast).

Now you've basically contaminated the KPT2 with bad juice, so it will need to be dumped, rinsed well with hot water, and dried... else it will have that burnt taste in it for a very long time. Clean it, and pop in a fresh coil with fresh juice, and you'll be fine :)

so even the new coil I put in it is contaminated?

Very likely yes... but if you have any Vodka around... soak that coil in a little Vodka for a few hours or overnight. Then let it air-dry for a few hours, and it should be good as new again.

well Im hoping this works! I Hate wasting this juice because I Absolutely Love it and my local B&M is the only place that carries it and theyre discontinuing it :(