IPV4 100W Mod by Pioneer4you

the battery cover got my attention - very slick and they use magnets in a little different way

posted the best of two videos - should be out after CNY - no pricing has been announced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP3_doGyRuw

wink.png

if I got two of these IVP4's, I would also get two under the shoulder quick draw hostlers (one each side)

..... but I would have to change my name again to "Rambo Vaper" --- always ready for the next Vape

Edited by eCloudMaker

wasn't it his cobra character with the quick draw hostlers....

I have to say the inline charger was a disappointment. Why couldn't it have been a micro usb like on the ipv mini 2 has. I assume it might require more current than the usb port spec, or just a bad design decision imho.

the mini still sounds like a better choice, listening to ya all

I do like that cover and hope to encourage them to progress in that direction

.... I can see a rubberized coating someday,

I'm starting to get vaping calluses ---- OR... perhaps all that might be from all my sheep escaping --- just might be a contributing factor

I have to say the inline charger was a disappointment. Why couldn't it have been a micro usb like on the ipv mini 2 has. I assume it might require more current than the usb port spec, or just a bad design decision imho.

Nothing to do with current, USB spec is for 5V and good for 1.5A. This a series mod (7.4/8.4V) so comparisons to charging the mini 2 (4.2V) are not valid.

I'm assuming one of these types is what is used. A series pack needs to be charged at/to 8.4V.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-4V-7-2V-Li-ion-LiPo-Battery-Charger-Intelligent-8-4V-1A-AutoStop-DC3-5-1-35USS-/220571762961?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Smart-Intelligent-8-4V-1-5A-Charger-for-7-4V-7-2V-Li-ion-Li-po-Battery-Packs-EUT/220990371926?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D29171%26meid%3Dd740a4fa5df040e4ac2550a289f1c24a%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D220571762961&rt=nc

I guess a series pack can be charged with a 5V USB input power supply, but the mod will need to have an internal booster to get the voltage up to 8.4V.

Edited by WillBlack

I just dont need another cable in my collection, true that one doesn't need to use the cable to use the device but always good to have in an emergency..... honestly i dont need another piece of vaping equipment but its an addiction and cant be helped. i cant stop getting mods rdas etc.....help!!!!

No help for ANY of us, lol.... I'm going to have to hide my CC from myself....

I agree, having a cable to charge these is great in a pinch, but it is sooooo much easier to pop out the exhausted battery, and replace with a fresh one, and charge the exhausted one in a proper charger :) I've not used the on-board charging capability of my IPV-mini yet, and probably never will, unless I'm in some extreme emergency, where the only battery I have is the dead one in the device... This is one reason manufacturers are moving to magnets in the doors... most people use an external charger, rather than the on-board charger of the mod, and magnetic doors make it much easier to swap batteries :)

If a PV does not have inbuilt charging I' don't want it. Do you also pull the battery outta your cell phone to charge it? smile.png

I have before :)

Charging via USB cable is a good thing, but if you want to use it, you're tethered to the x-foot length of cable while it charges. Since it is easy to keep a few 18650's charged, and the MODs are easy to open... swapping batteries means you're still mobile! As for my cell-phone, yeah, when I'm out and about, and not able to stay tethered to a cable... swapping to a fresh battery has been done before, and would probably be done again if not for the fact that my MotoX2's battery is not removable :(

• 1 month later...

I absolutely cannot wait to get my IPV 4 in!!! I have it preordered right now through Vaporizer Chief! This is my first time ordering from them and thus far customer service has been outstanding. For a couple more days they're having a preorder sale http://vaporizerchief.com/ipv4-100w-box-mod/check it out. It's the cheapest price I have found on the IPV 4.

• 1 month later...

Got mine in today. Seems pretty solid so far. The above post is correct requires 9v for inline charging. Easy to pop the cover and replace the batteries though. I keep 8 batteries charged at all times for my mods.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines