Kanger Tech AeroTank V2

Now this might be a newbie mistake, but a friend of mine gave me some juice that was a 80/20 mix. I put it in my Aerotank V2 and it i will say the flavor was awesome. Everything was working fine and was able to enjoy the full tank. When i unscrewed the base to refill the tank and screwed the base back on...i got nothing. The light was lighting on my battery and i measured voltage on the multi meter. Put a different tank on the battery and it worked fine. I took the coil from the non functioning tank and placed it in another tank and it worked well. So i am assuming it is the air flow control base, only item left. Its only $4 so i bought a new one, put a new coil in it and it worked. I placed the new coil and base in the tank with the 80/20 mix and it all worked well until i went to refill tank and now back to it not working.

I soaked the air flow base in vodka for 40 min or so and the vodka did get cloudy. I changed vodka and soaked for another 10 min. I re-installed everything and still notta.

I am assuming the mix is not good for the air flow base and gunked up the center pin spring?

Or the liquid leaked in and its makeing a short?

Should i put the base in boiling water for some time set time?

Is there a preferred way to de-gunk parts?

Am i completely on the wrong track and should I try something else?

Would love any support from the experts. Thanks

I always used 50/50 or 60/40 mixes in the tank it never had a problem.

I've used 80/20 and 70/30 juices with my Kanger tanks, and occasionally, the coil would leak a drop or two into the base. If the base floods, they tend to not fire, or fire erratically, but cleaning them out with a q-tip or tissue will have them back up and running just fine.

I would guess that the center pin of the base may be the issue... it could be "stuck" and not making contact with the base of the coil?

BTW, there are 3 KPT2 tanks (with air-flow bases) in my rack at the moment, all with 70/30 juice in them, and they've been sitting for weeks, with zero leakage or fluid build-up in the center tube or base.