Kanger EMOW

logan108

Hey guys so I was at my local shop today and planning on getting the protank 2 but they talked me into getting an EMOW instead and I don't know what to think of it. I'm not used to dual coil tanks (been using mini protank 2 for a while) and it seems like this is a lot hotter of a vape using the same liquid. Could this be from the airflow being up to much or the fact I'm not used to dual coils? All suggestions and tips are appreciated!

Ugg, I can't stand when a clerk does that... if I want polka-dot widgets, don't try to sell me striped ones... (usually because they have overstock of striped ones, or they want to sell you what THEY think is better). Another issue is now you have to buy different coils for your new tank (where-as the KPT2 and KPT2-mini use the SAME coil) :(

Now, I'm off my soap-box :)

Yes, the dual-coils are different. They are not hotter, per-se, but they are DUAL, so you get twice the heating area, and twice the wick. They produce a bit more flavor and vapor, and also vaporize more juice per hit... so you will have to refill a bit more often. Personally, I like both the Kanger BCC and BDC tanks, and each has a juice that tastes best in them... I use both regularly.

I'm also guessing the real difference is the resistance of the coils. I'm not sure what you were using in the KPT2-mini, but I would guess 1.8 or higher? The EMOW are typically sold with 1.5 Ohm coils, so that will make them "hotter". If you have a VV battery, turn down the voltage about 0.5V (or more), and try again. Lower Ohm coils don't require as much Voltage to reach the same Wattage as higher Ohm coils.

If your battery is not variable voltage or variable wattage, you may want to invest in 1.8 or 2.0 Ohm coils for your EMOW.

Ugg, I can't stand when a clerk does that... if I want polka-dot widgets, don't try to sell me striped ones... (usually because they have overstock of striped ones, or they want to sell you what THEY think is better). Another issue is now you have to buy different coils for your new tank (where-as the KPT2 and KPT2-mini use the SAME coil) :(

Now, I'm off my soap-box :)

Yes, the dual-coils are different. They are not hotter, per-se, but they are DUAL, so you get twice the heating area, and twice the wick. They produce a bit more flavor and vapor, and also vaporize more juice per hit... so you will have to refill a bit more often. Personally, I like both the Kanger BCC and BDC tanks, and each has a juice that tastes best in them... I use both regularly.

I'm also guessing the real difference is the resistance of the coils. I'm not sure what you were using in the KPT2-mini, but I would guess 1.8 or higher? The EMOW are typically sold with 1.5 Ohm coils, so that will make them "hotter". If you have a VV battery, turn down the voltage about 0.5V (or more), and try again. Lower Ohm coils don't require as much Voltage to reach the same Wattage as higher Ohm coils.

If your battery is not variable voltage or variable wattage, you may want to invest in 1.8 or 2.0 Ohm coils for your EMOW.

I was using between 2.1-2.5 on my protank mini and am using a 1.8 on the MOW and It was more of me talking to them and them suggesting the mow because I told them I was interested in adjustable airflow but didn't want to pay to much for it. So I think it will just take some getting used to I hope. Also I have a mvp 2.0 Edited by logan108

Ahh, well at least they didn't sell you something because they wanted you to have it :)

Yes, the adjustable airflow is nice to have. You can also put an air-flow controller (for the Aerotank V1) on a KPT2 and get the advantage of adjustable air-flow, and still keep the single-coil. You can usually get the air-flow control bases for $3-4... should you want to try the KPT2 for larger capacity.

Using the MVP in power-mode (Wattage mode), will auto adjust the Voltage to give you nearly the same vape experience, regardless of the resistance of the coil you're using. If you're using it in Voltage mode, step down a half-Volt or more when using the 1.8 Ohm BDC, then bump up 0.1V vape, repeat until you find the sweet-spot. Although if it were me, I'd use Wattage mode, so you don't have to keep up with what coil you're using, and as coils age, they will increase resistance, so the MVP will push Voltage higher to compensate, giving you a consistent vape!

Ahh, well at least they didn't sell you something because they wanted you to have it :)

Yes, the adjustable airflow is nice to have. You can also put an air-flow controller (for the Aerotank V1) on a KPT2 and get the advantage of adjustable air-flow, and still keep the single-coil. You can usually get the air-flow control bases for $3-4... should you want to try the KPT2 for larger capacity.

Using the MVP in power-mode (Wattage mode), will auto adjust the Voltage to give you nearly the same vape experience, regardless of the resistance of the coil you're using. If you're using it in Voltage mode, step down a half-Volt or more when using the 1.8 Ohm BDC, then bump up 0.1V vape, repeat until you find the sweet-spot. Although if it were me, I'd use Wattage mode, so you don't have to keep up with what coil you're using, and as coils age, they will increase resistance, so the MVP will push Voltage higher to compensate, giving you a consistent vape!

The collar could be an option at some point. And I hope I get used to the difference in the vape on this tank because I definitely want to like it.

Could 24mg of nicotine be why I feel like I get such a harsh hit?

The dual-coil (and lower Ohm) will give you more vapor, and higher heat... which means you are receiving more nicotine per hit, and heat is proven to accelerate nicotine absorption by the body. So, YES, that could be partly the reason.

Nicotine and PG both increase throat-hit (that harsh feeling). Higher nic levels, and high PG ratio juices (80/20, 70/30) will give more throat hit. PG is also the flavor carrier, so you get better flavor with higher PG ratios... it's a trade-off to find find what you like.

How much did you smoke before? If you were a half-pack of ultra-light smoker, 24mg is probably too high for your needs :)

The dual-coil (and lower Ohm) will give you more vapor, and higher heat... which means you are receiving more nicotine per hit, and heat is proven to accelerate nicotine absorption by the body. So, YES, that could be partly the reason.

Nicotine and PG both increase throat-hit (that harsh feeling). Higher nic levels, and high PG ratio juices (80/20, 70/30) will give more throat hit. PG is also the flavor carrier, so you get better flavor with higher PG ratios... it's a trade-off to find find what you like.

How much did you smoke before? If you were a half-pack of ultra-light smoker, 24mg is probably too high for your needs :)

I usually averaged over a pack of red 100s a day

And I thought VG was the flavor?

Edited by logan108

With what you smoked, 18-24mg should be the range you need. That being the case, the issue could just be your juice's PG level (or even the flavorings). Every juice is a little different, so even the same flavor from another manufacturer will vape differently.

VG is what produces vapor (and adds a little sweetness, because it is a natural sweetener).

PG is what carries the flavor and produces throat-hit

With what you smoked, 18-24mg should be the range you need. That being the case, the issue could just be your juice's PG level (or even the flavorings). Every juice is a little different, so even the same flavor from another manufacturer will vape differently.

VG is what produces vapor (and adds a little sweetness, because it is a natural sweetener).

PG is what carries the flavor and produces throat-hit

Well it is Thug Juice from Mt Baker so that could do it haha and it's starting to ease up which is a plus! I'd say it's because of not being use to dual coil on top of the lower resistance

Well guys the coil I had in my tank just popped and I have no idea why but it might be a good thing because I looked at that coil and it was a 1.5 ohm coil but reading at 1.8 but the 1.8 coils that I bought read at 2.1 so it could be for the best that it did pop!

If your coil was lower than what the ohm meter read it to be, that's not a problem. If it were the other way around, you could have possibly fried the coil with too much heat. What did you use to read the coil's resistance?

If your coil was lower than what the ohm meter read it to be, that's not a problem. If it were the other way around, you could have possibly fried the coil with too much heat. What did you use to read the coil's resistance?

I was reading it on the mvp 2.0

Some APVs read closer to what resistance is actually there, but don't ever think they're truly accurate. Your best bet is to use an ohm meter to check.

Okay! I just don't know what caused it to pop because it was working fine and then I sat it down and kept hearing a strange noise picked it back up and it wasn't even reading the coil was there and wouldn't fire

It was similar to like a sizzling and then every few seconds a light pop but the mvp was completely off as well

How strange. Usually, I'd say that the button either got depressed when it was set down or got stuck and burned your coil out. If it was totally off but still had the sizzling sound... I'm not sure what was going on.

How strange. Usually, I'd say that the button either got depressed when it was set down or got stuck and burned your coil out. If it was totally off but still had the sizzling sound... I'm not sure what was going on.

I know I'm thinking it was a faulty coil because the other one hasn't had any problems and I enjoy it better than I did the 1.5

What was your volts/watts set at with which ohm coil?

Now you've got me dead set on figuring it out -- other than the coils that come with tanks are generally... less than quality. :)

With the 1.5 my watts was on 6.5 and with the 1.8

It differs between 7.0 and 7.5

I also don't like when I want one thing and they say no here try this thankfully one place don't do that and love them!

I've been buying online but if your use to one thing and it's working than I stick w it!

I like my nautilus

I have to check the e mow lol

I agree, i love when they try to push one item on you while they have some completely different unit for their personal use. One place near NYC up sell was so ridiculous i will not go there ever again.

Well the worker I was talking to had 2 set ups with 2 tanks that he used for his personal use one was a EMOW and the other was the nautilus

Ah no! I hate when I go in for something and then come out with some thing else that doesn't turn out being amazing! I say try for a few more days, or not. If you can go in and exchange to what you already know and what you already like! "Why fix what isn't broken?" :)