Hello from Detroit

Oberon75

I saw this board in my tapatalk recommendations and I figured I would join because I can't talk enough about vaping. I've been vaping since the beginning of October and what I thought would just be an alternative to smoking has become an all out obsession.

I actually started vaping about a year ago but after being talked into bad devices and Chinese liquids from a B&M, the experience was really bad and I gave up as soon as my eGo broke.

So then after going the good part of 2014, back on cigarettes, I came across a vaping discussion thread in the OT section of the gaming site I belong to and figured I would give it another try. This time with another over-priced eGo that still broke in a week but with better liquid. During the first few days, I had a hard time adapting but by day 4, everything fell right into place.

So after my eGo broke on this second attempt, I decided to buy an MVP 2.0 which I heard really good things about. Soon after that, I bought a couple Aspire Nautilus tanks and had at the time what I considered the perfect vape. I also bought a Kayfun but am having some issues I'm trying to work out.

After hearing a lot of things about higher wattage devices, I'm now into an iPV 2S and bought the Aspire Atlantis the other day. I'm also considering the Kanger Sub-Tank and possibly an RDA or two. Just when I thought I had everything down, a new device has me feeling like a newb again.

So far ive vaped a 12mg 70% vg and a 6mg 50/50 and am still confused as to what kind of liquid to go with. With the 12mg, I'm getting a slightly irritating TH but it's tolerable. With the 6mg, I can take long, deep, lung hits but I find myself chain vaping a lot more. On my MVP and Nautilus, I was vaping 24mg of 50/50, all the way up to 80% PG. I plan on placing an order today from a really good vendor with extremely cheap prices but their juices are either 50/50 or 80% VG. I'm not sure which would go better with my current setup as well as what I'm going to purchase soon. What I do know is it's much cheaper buying 120 or 240ml for $20 or $36 then it is spending $20 to $25 at the B&M for 30ml. Anybody with any insight on this, feel free to post a suggestion.

Well I think I've rambled long enough and I'll see you guys around the board.

Ray

Many of us who started vaping wound up with a new hobby/obsession. You're in good company. :)

As for juices, be careful -- just because it's cheap doesn't mean it's good. It's all very subjective, though. What tastes great to one person will taste like wet, dirty socks to another. Only when you try them will you know if it's "good". That said, there are some very good, reputable vendors here on our forum. Compenstine owns Fadora Vapor, which is a favorite of many of our forum members. He gives excellent customer service and will work with you until you get what you need/want. His juices are some of the very best I've ever tasted. Might give Fadora a try?

Welcome to Vapor Talk. :)

Many of us who started vaping wound up with a new hobby/obsession. You're in good company. :)

As for juices, be careful -- just because it's cheap doesn't mean it's good. It's all very subjective, though. What tastes great to one person will taste like wet, dirty socks to another. Only when you try them will you know if it's "good". That said, there are some very good, reputable vendors here on our forum. Compenstine owns Fadora Vapor, which is a favorite of many of our forum members. He gives excellent customer service and will work with you until you get what you need/want. His juices are some of the very best I've ever tasted. Might give Fadora a try?

Welcome to Vapor Talk. :)

I'll definitely look into it. The juice I was considering ordering comes from ITC Vapes which everyone on the other board I belong to rants and raves about.

Edit...

I just checked out the site and really like the options. I'll definitely consider it with a future purchase.

Edited by Oberon75