Need A Good Documentary

Just watched High on Crack Street: Lost Lives in Lowell, about ex-boxer Dicky Ecklund, brother of boxer Micky Ward who fought in, arguably, the best trio of fights ever in Gatti v. Ward.

Definitely recommend it.

Edited by The Bone Slummer

I could list a lot of them but some of my favorites are as follows.

"Tapped" which explores what bottled water does to our environment

"Food Inc" which is an ugly look inside America's corporate controlled food industry.

Gonzo - The Life and Work of Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Beer Wars" which is about the American beer industry

"Twenty" which is the story of Pearl Jam

Both "Paradise Lost" documentaries are great as well which tells the story of the West Memphis Three.

Have you seen "Birdmen". If you are in to extreme sports you'll like that one. You can stream it on Netflix .

I like anything Ken Burns. Doesn't even matter if I'm not interested in the subject. So well done you get sucked in. "Baseball" and "Jazz" are great as well as the civil war and WWII ones. I think he did one called "The West" which is also good but haven't seen it for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

This one should piss you off and make you wish you could have been there a 1000 friends, all with M-4's and unlimited ammunition. Not for the timid, highly recommend.

'..Shake Hands with the Devil: The Journey of Roméo Dallaire..'.

"..a 2004 documentary film about the 1994 genocide in Rwanda..".

"..Canadian Armed Forces General Roméo Dallaire was put in charge of a United Nations peacekeeping force during this 1994 genocide. His proposal called for 5,000 soldiers to permit orderly elections and the return of the refugees. The soldiers were never supplied and the killing began..".

Sounds interesting. Amazing the loss of life that goes on in Africa, most recently the 2,000 lives that didn't seem to matter to Boko Haram, that went unnoticed in a sea of endless noise from our media about Ferguson, MO.