DIY: Combining Two Flavors

Rixter

I want to make a chocolate-tobacco e-liquid, but I'm not sure if I should stick to the flavor percentage that I use to mix the individual juices, or should I cut each amount in half.

For example, the two flavors I will be using are very concentrated and taste great at 3%. When I mix my juice, should I:

A ) use 3% for each flavor for a total of 6%

or

B ) cut each to 1½% for a total of 3%

My gut tells me the answer's A, but I'd appreciate any insight from experienced DIYers.

Edited by Rixter

When you're mixing flavors, what tastes good by itself may require "tweaking" when mixed with something else.

The tobacco flavor may over-power the chocolate, or it may intensify it... best to mix a very small batch (5 - 15ml) at the 3% each level and try it. You may find the 1:1 ratio is good, but may need 2:1 ratio ... or 3:1 ratio...

I'm sure Comp could give you more insight on this than me, as I've only dabbled in mixing... but I have found that rarely do things mix 1:1 and taste as good "together", as they did individually.

I would do 3:1 Chocolate to Tobacco. If that is not right add a drop or two of the one you want boosted.

Okay, but for that ratio, do I still stick with the recommended 3% total flavoring (2.25% chocolate : .75% tobacco), or would it be 6% total (4.5% chocolate : 1.5% tobacco)?

Edited by Rixter