Please help me with Batteries and Amp

leocold

Hi guys hope this is the right place to post about my problem, i have been smoke free for 5 months and it is great, my first mod was an itaste svd and i use it daily with a nautilus mini.

I also bought a nemesis and a turtle ship mod with a tobby atomizer.

now for my actual problem i have 5 batteries:

IMR PURPLE EFEST 18350 700MAH 10.5A

IMR PURPLE EFEST 18500 1000MAH 15A

IMR PURPLE EFEST 18650 2500MAH 35A

IMR PURPLE EFEST 18650 3100MAH 20A

i also found a green sony that is supposed to be VTC4 but i am not sure, i need some help first if anybody can identify the green sony battery if it is fake, how fake is it usable and should i be worried using it because i didn't have the guts to put it in the mechanical mod, and second what is the lowest ohm i can go on my batteries i haven't gotten lower than 0.5ohm, i have read that efest batteries are good but the AMP written on them is not true.

By the way i also bought a red 18650 TRUSTFIRE BUT IT WAS MISSING SO MANY LOGO AND WRITING ON IT THAT JUST LOOKED SUPER FAKE, it is supposed to be 5800mah but charged from 3.7v to 4.1 in 10min on my efest charger lol, and it is light as feather, the SONY on the other hand is heavy and it took 1:45min from 3.8v going to 4.2v,This is what is written on the sony and there is no QR code on it:

SE U518650GS

T 6GS23TL25G

Sony 16

This is the pic from my batteries

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o2ow053bwnfdzc6/Photo%2022-12-2014%2011%2059%2039%20am.jpg?dl=0

Edited by leocold

me personally I don't trust any battery with the word FIRE in it, they are pure junk. and with efest you really have no idea what the hell your going to get. life the purple efest 35amp...its really just a lg he2 20amp.

if I was you I would get some vtc4 or 5s. ill get you a link to a very reliable and trusted person we use here for someone we trust

thank you for taking your time to answer me, the problem is i am from vancouver and i am currently in the middle east because of family, i have gotten the mods sent from canada and the efest batteries from canada and turkey, there is no way i can purchase online. 2 questions do you have any idea what the green sony i have is? how can i check the Amp limit on it, and from your experience the efest i have just like the 35a that you sed are lg20a what would the rest be? that might tell me what i can build and use.

Fadora's site has a long section on how to identify "fake" Sony batteries... great info there!

As for the Efest batteries... honestly, I agree with Joe... they are hit-and-miss whether you get real 35A or the LG 20A... but since you're only going down to 0.5 Ohms, there's no worry with using either for your purposes.

Some nefarious vendors have been known to sell UltraFire or TrustFire batteries, re-wrapped to appear to be Sony, Panasonic, Samsung, Efest, etc.... which is why Compenstine posted the info on spotting fake Sony's on his website. Even reputable B&M's get burned from time to time by receiving fakes.

Fadora's site has a long section on how to identify "fake" Sony batteries... great info there!

As for the Efest batteries... honestly, I agree with Joe... they are hit-and-miss whether you get real 35A or the LG 20A... but since you're only going down to 0.5 Ohms, there's no worry with using either for your purposes.

Some nefarious vendors have been known to sell UltraFire or TrustFire batteries, re-wrapped to appear to be Sony, Panasonic, Samsung, Efest, etc.... which is why Compenstine posted the info on spotting fake Sony's on his website. Even reputable B&M's get burned from time to time by receiving fakes.

so can i use my 18350 with 0.5ohm?

At 4.1V, a 0.5 Ohm coil will produce 33.6W of power and draw 8.2A.

At 3.7V, a 0.5 Ohm coil will produce 27.4W of power and draw 7.4A.

If your battery can handle 10.5A, yes, it will be fine. It may get a little warm, but be aware of the difference between warm and HOT... if your battery is labeled as 10.5A, but is a fake that cannot handle that load, it could run the risk of catastrophic failure.

You can always build a 1.0 Ohm coil... Less load, so therefore less stress on the battery. If it is a fake that can only handle 4A, using a 1.0 Ohm coil and a fully charged battery would let you know if the battery is being stressed without going full-throttle, so to speak :)