Boiling cotton.

Tug

A suggested safety step. No telling where it's been, who's been handling it, or if there are any stray chemicals left on it. Original intent of any cotton whether it be a ball of yarn, or wads of cotton isn't for heating and inhaling what comes off of it, so, boiling is a step for your/our safety.

Does it taste better after boiling? I've never boiled my cotton until now.but before when I would put a fresh wick on my coils I would get a different taste,not a bad taste but it took a while to finally get the full flavor of the juice I was vaping.I'm drying out my cotton as we speak

Couldn't tell ya. I don't boil mine, either, just know the reasoning behind it. Actually, I'm not the one to be asking about safety since I'm the one you see riding a bike w/o a helmet, occasionally ride around w/o my seatbelt, eat stuff I drop and pick up, and, oh yeah, I've been known to run with scissors, too.

I figure any critters on a 6mm piece of yarn won't make it through the heating process, and there probably isn't enough chemical residue on that 6mm piece to hurt me any more than the rest of the crap provided by Big Tobacco I've inhaled over the years, either. But that's just me thinking out loud. You do as you think best for you.

Edited by aufin

I used organic cotton. I tried to boil mine, it was more trouble than it was worth (in my opinion). I have since switched to rayon. I have issues with burning cotton. I worked in a cotton gin for quite a few years, and burning cotton is a smell/taste that I can not stand.

I am sure that there is probably residue on the cotton of some type. If it is safe is a question for someone smarter than myself. I tend to be the guy like aufin. Running with scissors has been a painful past time of mine.

Yeah I figured it really wasn't necessary to boil the cotton. I just wanted to see if it made a difference in flavor,and the verdict is.....it doesn't.Just picked up a copper plumveil today and I've got it built with dual micro Coils firing at a 0.3ohm.Its a clone RDA but its bada$$!

Non-organic cotton, I would boil... that stuff has been through the chemical wringer so to speak... bleaching, peroxides, and countless other stuff you can't say without a PhD in Chemistry :) For that reason, I switched (quickly) to Organic Japanese cotton. No chemical additives (or at least nothing harsh), and the stuff is so much better at consistent wicking (and lasts longer, too)!