Amaravape

HeatFanatic6

I have a Ameravape Manhattan copper mod with a Plume Vale tank running a .2 ohm coil. My battery is a 18650 3.7v 2500mah. I have two of these which I rotate. One of them would fire really weak and I would get less flavor, throat hit, and vapor. But it was only with one of the batteries the other was fine. So I went to my local cape shop and they could find anything wrong with the battery so I just bought a new one and threw the other out. Problem now is the other battery that was perfectly fine before is now giving me weak hits and the other new one fires fine. I've taken my mod apart and tweaked with it. I just don't understand why one battery is firing weak when they're the same exact battery?? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Just a guess, but see if this makes sense.

Did you buy those first two batteries at about the same time? How old were they?

If they are both about the same age, they just reached the end of their life at slightly different times.

Grab another new battery and you should be good to go with two good batteries.

Copper is correct... the original two batteries were/are at the end of their life-cycle.

Most of the batteries we use (rechargeable) are good for 300-500 charging cycles, which will maintain 90% of their expected performance. Beyond those initial 300-500 charges, their performance, capacity, and life will diminish exponentially. Newer battery technology has gotten better, and in another year or two, we should see batteries holding 90% performance well into 1000 charging cycles.... But, where is the incentive for a battery manufacturer to make a battery that lasts 2000 or 4000 cycles before your replace it? If a battery lasted forever, you couldn't afford to buy it, and the manufacturer would be out of business....

Think of headlights on your car... after a year or two, they are dimmer than they were new... if one is slightly brighter, and you ONLY replace the dimmer one with a new one, you'd see immediately the difference between the new one and the "better-of-the-two-originals". Sure it was brighter, but still not as bright as a new one :)

Personally, I'd rather pay $10 for a new battery every year, than pay $25 for one that supposedly will last 2+ years. Just like my motorcycle tires... everyone who rides, wants a tire that lasts forever, and they pay premiums for ones that last 15-18K. Myself, I'd rather pay 1/3 the price for tires that last 12-15K, and replace them more often... over the life of my bikes, I will put more miles with "good tread", than those that pay premium prices for tires, and pay less in the long-run (* and yes, there is a difference between "cheap" and "inexpensive").

Thank you both for replying! This has been really helpful! Problem is the batteries can't have been anymore than 3 months old. Do they go bad that quick?

No, they should not. I would expect any decent battery to last a minimum of 6 months.

What brand are they?

I have not had any of my batteries too long. So far I stick to Sony VTC4's and Efest and Xtar.

I am rotating them out quite a bit and can tell very little difference from one to the other.

I would assume that like any mass produced item, you will get a bad one every once in a while.

Here is a link to Compenstine's web page for some VTC4's at a good price: http://www.fadoravapor.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=16

Or here at the Vapor Talk web page for some VTC3's: http://www.vaportalk.com/product-category/ecig-batteries/ecig-mod-batteries/

I personally don't buy any batteries from my local B&M. I have caught them pushing poor quality batteries for really expensive prices.