Omega Clone, coil problem

Building dual coils for Omega Clone. 28ga Kanthal, each side wrapped 6 times. Spacing is exact as I can see on both sides. Single coil reads .90 on either one and work fine. When placing both coils in I get a reading of .50 and no fire. Ive been building my Nautilus coils and they work fine, this is my first rda, dual coil. For the time being Im using a MVP.

Ive read and watched videos and seem to be doing exactly what I think is right. Is the MVP not powerful enough to do this and I need to try to get a higher ohm reading on the coils? Am I missing something simple here?

Edited by BDM53ENT

I think the MVP will not fire below .9 (or at least mine wouldn't) When you build a dual coil setup you have to basically cut the resistance in half. If you have two 1ohm coils it will effectively be .5 ohms. I have read you need to run in the 1.2 - 1.5 ohm range to take full advantage of the what power you do have. I recommend http://www.steam-engine.org/ to get your calculations. With 28 gauge you might want to start out with a single coil just to start out.

What Tam said, You need to understand that when you run duals your resistance is cut in 1/2. Quad coils cut each coil by 1/4. The MPV will not work at a Ohm lower than .8 (so I have heard) so you want each coil at least at 1.6-1.8 ohms for it to fire.

Im not good on the mathematics of it yet. I assume then I would have to go to smaller gauge wire to get the higher ohms running dual coils. Its running fine with one coil so I will wait on my other mod. Im learning, Thank you for your patience!

We all have to learn at some point. :) Yes a smaller gauge will give you lower resistance and so will adding more wraps. The way I tell to think about it is think of your wire as a hose The bigger the hose the less resistance it it will have. The smaller the hose the more resistance it will have. That is just a basic view. There is more to it than that, but it will help you choose the right wire for the job, Adding wraps will add resistance. This is why a recommend getting at least 50ft of wire to start with. It will give you wire to play with as you learn. With 28ga you would want at least 10-12 wraps on each coil.