What do you think?

Itsmedeanna64

Good morning! I've been vaping for about 6 weeks and it's really helping me to quit smoking even though I was never a heavy smoker. My husband doesn't like it because he says I'm trading one habit for another habit. I am trying to make him understand if it helps me don't knock it. He's never smoked and doesn't drink alcohol so he thinks he doesn't have habits! Lol!

Dc

you may be trading one habit for another, but you are trading a cancerous habit for a seemingly much safer choice (even though research blah blah blah incunclusive that, not enough time to research long term effects) either way it seems to be a healthier option. Second, have you tried other methods of quitting? did they work? is vaping working? Thats really the key, he just needs to understand that whatever keeps you from smoking traditional cigarettes is a good thing and he should be on board with it.

My belief on the level of safety of E-cigs vs Smoking would be roughly akin to giving up a heroin addiction and replacing it with chewing gum. I know, dramatic, but still more people died from choking off chewing gum than vaping.

I cannot speak for your situation but I think in a few weeks when you no longer smell like an ash tray and little health issues you may not even have know you had start to clear up he will come around.

Well put BCarter! No studies have been performed (or released) regarding long-term effects of vaping, but general consensus from "real" science suggests vaping is far safer than smoking! Let's look at some basic facts... PG and VG are main ingredients in the delivery system of many asthma inhalers, and Nicotine is found in every vegetable and fruit on the planet (natural insecticide).

Sure, you're trading one habit for another, but would it be any different if you were chewing nicotine gum 20-hrs a day, or patches all over your arms or legs? At least vaping will give you nicotine when you want/need it, rather than a patch or gum's instant high, too much, too little, or the crash when they stop working. I can honestly tell you from experience that vaping is a far better alternative than cold-turkey withdrawals, and a million times better than the physical/emotional changes caused by anti-smoking drugs!

He'll come around to accepting your vaping over smoking the moment he realizes you (and the whole house) no longer smell like smoke, and that your kisses no longer have an ashtray aftertaste :)

As most of us know it is very hard to quit analogs(very hard) I truly have no desire to smoke since the vaping. I also hope I havent traded one bad habit(healthwise) for another. I will say that I do feel better and i can tell my body is changing for the better. It is hard to explain or have anyone understand what we go through as people who once smoked and working hard to quit and stay analog free.I am just looking for more research to come to light with the effects of vaping. Tell your husband to hang in there you are on your way to reclaiming your health.

My husband has only been vaping for about a week and a half (I just started yesterday). But that being said, I have noticed huge health benefits in the short time that he has been use his vaporizer. His cough is less, he no longer sweats profusely, he has even lost a little bit of weight. He is also even eating less. These are all things that he has done absolutely nothing to change in his life, other than remove cigarettes. So in my opinion, the vape is probably saving his life.

We may be trading one habit for another, but in the 5 months since I quit smoking 2 packs a day, I no longer have the cough, no longer have the wheezing sound every time I try to breathe. I can smell things now that I couldn't smell for years, and food tastes better now (gained a little weight because of this LOL). I would say that vaping is the better habit.... cheaper too, for me anyway.

Thanks so much guys for taking the time to tell me your opinions. They are all such good valid points. I've never been a heavy smoker and only about 8 years of it AND started because of being so stressed about family problems. Now I HAVE to quit because of health issues and cutting down or cold turkey didn't do it. I never tried the patch or gum as my gastrologist suggested. When I started vaping I was completely shocked at how I felt and not even wanting a cig. So yeah, it's working! Hubs just will have to understand sooner or later!

Doc