Awards

Jeffb

Saw this on another site. I thought it might be interesting:

2009 Vapy Awards??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What does everyone think about creating an annual set of awards for things like ...

Best Customer Service

Best E-Juice Supplier

Best 3.7v Mod

Best HV Mod

Best Innovation of the Year ....and so on.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's a great idea too. Perhaps it would bring a few more members out of the woodwork and into posting. ;)

They have a service to the industry award. One of the nominees is moobyghost. I start the largest social network for vapers on the web, I do live chats with Dr. Michael Siegel and former congressman Matt Salmon who's president of the ECA and Moobyghost is a nominee? I personally think these vapy awards are a joke. If anyone on vaportalk wants to start a real vapers awards I would be more than happy to promote it on vapersplace :).

They have a service to the industry award. One of the nominees is moobyghost. I start the largest social network for vapers on the web, I do live chats with Dr. Michael Siegel and former congressman Matt Salmon who's president of the ECA and Moobyghost is a nominee? I personally think these vapy awards are a joke. If anyone on vaportalk wants to start a real vapers awards I would be more than happy to promote it on vapersplace :).

The nominations were taken on a thread at ECF, which means that everything on it is ECF related. Most of the people there seem to go there and only there, so if you aren't active there, you're out of luck.

On a side note, maybe I have a different view of what service is. I don't have anything against moobyghost, although some of his reviews seem to be a little biased to me, but reviews in exchange for free products is not what I'd really call a service.

The nominations were taken on a thread at ECF, which means that everything on it is ECF related. Most of the people there seem to go there and only there, so if you aren't active there, you're out of luck.

On a side note, maybe I have a different view of what service is. I don't have anything against moobyghost, although some of his reviews seem to be a little biased to me, but reviews in exchange for free products is not what I'd really call a service.

I have nothing against him either. Don't even know the guy but a service to the industry award? Your right about the ECF thing. I think the only way to do a legitimate vapers awards is to have someone create a website for it, post the website on every forum and give people a long time to vote. Like start a website in January and have voting go until June. Then hold the awards in July. Getting all the forums involved in voting is really the only way to do it. Right now it's just an ECF popularity contest.

I have nothing against him either. Don't even know the guy but a service to the industry award? Your right about the ECF thing. I think the only way to do a legitimate vapers awards is to have someone create a website for it, post the website on every forum and give people a long time to vote. Like start a website in January and have voting go until June. Then hold the awards in July. Getting all the forums involved in voting is really the only way to do it. Right now it's just an ECF popularity contest.

That's a very rational idea, I'm all for it. I wonder if all the special interests would congregate? I'd sure hope so.

For those interested this is the site: http://vapyawards.com/

Did you set that up? Whoever did, Gold Star! thumbsup.gif I sent my email, waiting to register. I don't really have enough experience to cast meaningful votes yet but this will give me an excuse to try new stuff. ;)