First build!

It's a Igo L, I attempted to do dual stacked coils but It just wasn't working. Got the bottom coil to fire but not the top. And it was a pita to even get them on the posts

It's a Igo L, I attempted to do dual stacked coils but It just wasn't working. Got the bottom coil to fire but not the top. And it was a pita to even get them on the posts

What kinda of RDA, airflow can be a issue and yes dual can affect it as well.

A lot can effect the performance but as long as you practice and use safe batteries as well as an ohm meter to check for a short and your resistance you'll get there in short time. I would watch a lot of build tutorial vids on youtube. I also suggest a torch and ceramic tip tweezers to squeeze your coils gentle and heat to compress. After a while you'll be so good at wrapping them you'll only need the torch to use on your kanthal before you wrap. Much easier that way it takes a lot of the springiness out of the wire before you work with it. When you get good at wrapping you can just fire the coil before you wick it (after you check the resistance of course to make sure it's safe) and then compress the coils after you have mounted it.

30g is pretty high resistance. You can move down to lower gauge when you get comfortable. Once you're good with 28g you can go lower if you like. Airflow and wicking are the biggest factors for vapor production. As well as the juice you're using. Use higher VG for more vapor. It looks like you have too much cotton in your wick. You want it to fill the inside of the coil but still move freely when you pull on it. Then the ends only need to be long enough to tuck under and hit the bottom of the juice well. Less wick gives you more airflow but not enough wick will have you getting dry hits quickly. It's a balance.

A lot can effect the performance but as long as you practice and use safe batteries as well as an ohm meter to check for a short and your resistance you'll get there in short time. I would watch a lot of build tutorial vids on youtube. I also suggest a torch and ceramic tip tweezers to squeeze your coils gentle and heat to compress. After a while you'll be so good at wrapping them you'll only need the torch to use on your kanthal before you wrap. Much easier that way it takes a lot of the springiness out of the wire before you work with it. When you get good at wrapping you can just fire the coil before you wick it (after you check the resistance of course to make sure it's safe) and then compress the coils after you have mounted it.

30g is pretty high resistance. You can move down to lower gauge when you get comfortable. Once you're good with 28g you can go lower if you like. Airflow and wicking are the biggest factors for vapor production. As well as the juice you're using. Use higher VG for more vapor. It looks like you have too much cotton in your wick. You want it to fill the inside of the coil but still move freely when you pull on it. Then the ends only need to be long enough to tuck under and hit the bottom of the juice well. Less wick gives you more airflow but not enough wick will have you getting dry hits quickly. It's a balance.

I did torch them before and get them as close together as possible. And I'm not using a mech. I only have 50/50 juice, I'd like to get some higher VG juice, but I spend my vape budget for this month.

Go slow, 50/50 is going to make a difference and that's pretty low ohm seriously, try a simple build at a bit higher ohms and go to Walmart and get some pure VG juice.

What are you using your igo on?

Did you check coil on an ohm meter?

Seriously it helps.

If your not drilled for airflow at .2 ohms its gotta be a hot Vape.

Watch a few of rip trippers vids on youtube, he's got some good ideas.

Please be careful.

Go slow, 50/50 is going to make a difference and that's pretty low ohm seriously, try a simple build at a bit higher ohms and go to Walmart and get some pure VG juice.

What are you using your igo on?

Did you check coil on an ohm meter?

Seriously it helps.

If your not drilled for airflow at .2 ohms its gotta be a hot Vape.

Watch a few of rip trippers vids on youtube, he's got some good ideas.

Please be careful.

I said it was 2.3 ohms in my original post. And I'm using it on a MVP 2.0.

it takes a lot of practice, trial and error and youtube tutorials, you should have a pretty loose draw on an RDA so if its tight then you might want to slowly open the airflow until it feels right. Additionally, and im just trying to cover all basis here, make sure that when you put the top cap on that the air hole is right next to the coil. with that wire at such a high resistance youre not going to get super clouds like you see some people doing, but it is important to work your way up to that as opposed to just jumping right into it. Make sure you understand what your battery can handle dont push the limits.

Build lower around 1-1.5ohms then. And check to see if air hole is lined up with the coil. Also make sure that the wick/coil isn't over saturated as that reduces initial vapor production. Fresh batteries too

Edited by sparc

The MVP can only go to 11 watts right? You'll want to find the optimum resistance for that. I don't know how low they fire but I'd build around 1.5 like you did. Wicking looks much better but your coil leads are too long. It will take longer to heat and not fire as well like that. Try to get it up close to the posts without touching and shorten up the distance of your wire leads between the wraps and posts. Also don't do the coil at an angle like that. You should stick a screwdriver in it and straighten it out. There are more advance builds like the dragon coil where you will angle your coil and wick it a certain way to achieve good results but with a simple single microcoil and device like yours you want the coil horizontal and your airflow hole lined up with the coil. You want that air intake to pass over the coil and that area under the coil to have a little pocket of air and no wick. You still want to kind of tuck your wick ends under it and down to the juice well but kind of like an inverse U shape. Leave a little gap directly under the coil so air can flow.

Here's a couple pics of a build I'm about to redo. Maybe that will help with coil positioning and what I mean with the wicking.

etcqy1.jpg

2i9qvxx.jpg

Edited by SteezeOG

The MVP can only go to 11 watts right? You'll want to find the optimum resistance for that. I don't know how low they fire but I'd build around 1.5 like you did. Wicking looks much better but your coil leads are too long. It will take longer to heat and not fire as well like that. Try to get it up close to the posts without touching and shorten up the distance of your wire leads between the wraps and posts. Also don't do the coil at an angle like that. You should stick a screwdriver in it and straighten it out. There are more advance builds like the dragon coil where you will angle your coil and wick it a certain way to achieve good results but with a simple single microcoil and device like yours you want the coil horizontal and your airflow hole lined up with the coil. You want that air intake to pass over the coil and that area under the coil to have a little pocket of air and no wick. You still want to kind of tuck your wick ends under it and down to the juice well but kind of like an inverse U shape. Leave a little gap directly under the coil so air can flow.

Here's a couple pics of a build I'm about to redo. Maybe that will help with coil positioning and what I mean with the wicking.

etcqy1.jpg

2i9qvxx.jpg

I'll definitely make it much straighter next time with shorter leads, but do you guys know how to put a dual coil on just two posts, its so hard to do.

The biggest issue you will have with dual coils IMO is the sheer size of the coils to give you a resistance that your mvp will handle well. I'd have to recomend useing a single microcoil and getting it to work well with the coil build and wicking. The mvp has a good battery life but is limited when it comes to amps and dual coils will take a toll on the device. No reason you shouldn't be able to get an rda to work well with the mvp, but it's still not a mech mod at the end of the day. 1.2-1.5 should get you some decent vapor if built well and wicked right. Trial and error. Would be the same learning curve with a mech too. You just have some safegaurds built into your device now.

How are you measuring your resistance? What guage wire? Sorry, you may have already said, I didn't read the whole thread. Thanks

The biggest issue you will have with dual coils IMO is the sheer size of the coils to give you a resistance that your mvp will handle well. I'd have to recomend useing a single microcoil and getting it to work well with the coil build and wicking. The mvp has a good battery life but is limited when it comes to amps and dual coils will take a toll on the device. No reason you shouldn't be able to get an rda to work well with the mvp, but it's still not a mech mod at the end of the day. 1.2-1.5 should get you some decent vapor if built well and wicked right. Trial and error. Would be the same learning curve with a mech too. You just have some safegaurds built into your device now.

How are you measuring your resistance? What guage wire? Sorry, you may have already said, I didn't read the whole thread. Thanks

I'm a ohm meter and I'm using 30G wire.

30g will work fine but 28g might give you a little better results. No lower than that with an mvp and like he said you don't need dual coils. Having two coils takes the resitance down in half. With a proper wrapped and wicked single micro coil and the right airflow you can get some great vapor and flavor. Just takes practice to get the results you want. That's kind of the fun in it. Eventually you'll want to step up to a box mod that can deliver more power or a mech mod but learning the basics first is key. Nothing wrong with the gear you have now. Watch videos, ask questions, and experiment as often as you can. That's the quickest way to learn I think.