Calming Down

Hey all,

I went for almost two months with nothing but my Patriot V1.2. I LOVE this thing. I drilled it out and found an absolutely amazing build. So, seeing as I found vaping perfection to my preferences, I decided to mess with things. Why?

Well, I was going through a 30ml of juice easily in a day. So, I took a little of what I learned from the ease of RDA building and tried to translate it back to my kayfun.

14750293100_d8dcbbfe00_b.jpgimage by Richstag, on Flickr

I made a 0.98ohm MACRO build with 24gauge. This gave me a MUCH large diameter to wick through but I wasn't sure how it would work. Turns out somehow it give me about the same heat as a 1.6ohm MICRO coil. This is a great VAPE.

I like how I don't have the worries of the RDA anymore and MAN I went a day with what would have been vaped through my patriot in literally 30 minutes.

I hope I can stick with this step down. It would be great for my wallet and better for my lungs.

The flavor? 3/4 of what I got from the patriot. Not sure why the MACRO coil is giving better flavor than the MICRO.

Anyone else go from CLOUDS to calming down and chilling out?

I was into cloudchasing for a year or so, competitions and all, now I just build for flavor. In all honesty cloud set ups are easy, flavor is a challenge. I do keep my cloudchasing rig around, but I normally only hit it first thing in the morning to wake up haha.

^^^ Right on! I actually found my absolute most nock your socks off WOW flavor from my patriot was NOT the most opened up and HUGE clouds. It was a balance for sure. I am pretty happy with the flavor of the Kayfun getting anywhere close to the builds I had in the Patriot.

What have you found to be the keys to flavor over all else?

Well, I like a warm vape so I use twisted builds in a couple of my RDAs. I also use Japanese cotton for wick, that makes a HUGE difference in flavor. Wicking technique is a big factor too. Right now I'm using my TOBH Atty with dual 24g micro coils. A ton of surface area, but still low ohms from the thick wire. I wick it with Japanese cotton as well. I'm loving this build so far for flavor, decent clouds too.

I like clouds and flavor, but for an all day I love my Russian @ a 1.0 ohm 28 gauge simple wrap.

I do a single strand dual coil wrap in my magma and its perfect @ .5 awesome flavor huge clouds, a sit relax and watch the sunrise and sunset Vape.

I just got a cci militia and I'm playing a lot, its a warmer Vape even drilled out @ .4 ohms triple twisted 30g, but tons of fun w the clouds, so far, still working on the big cloud build.

Nothing at all. Well, its been pretty smashed up but working as well as ever. I just wanted to back down and save money, honestly. Missing it though. Going to find a balance of when to use it. The sunrise sunset thing sounds pretty good.

Just compared my Kayfun build to my buddies. His is standard micro build 28g at 1.3 ohms. Flavor doesn't even come CLOSE to mine. Like there is not flavor its so different.

Just thought this may be helpful to some folks.

Same juice from the same bottle. Same cotton too.