General maintenance

Now... before I start, let me make this clear.

I am COMPLETELY aware that there are many factors that will make maintenance vary from one person to another.

That being said Im going to try and include as many factors as I can so that if someone can relate who has experience, they can let me know what their habits are.

Now I havent even changed one coil yet... its been 3-4 months. The first thing was a disposable so when that went out i just tossed it. then I got my EMOW starter kit which came with 5 coils. baught a bunch of kanger coils cause I didnt wanna go back and forth and Ide rather have some at home and at work since thats where the majority of my time is spent.

On that device I was vaping a full tank a day... the tank held maybe 1.5-2.5ml (the later being on weekends since ...drinking haha) now that hasnt changed between different devices

I know one of the important parts is the pg/vg ratio... unfortunately im not sure about that whatsoever.

My emow would usually be held at 4.7 volts, watts I have no clue since theres no reader. and the coil is supposed to be at 1.5 ohms.

I havent changed the coil yet since I was waiting for a taste change or just less vapor or some sort of sign that never came before I got my mec. and now most of the time im puffing on the mec.

Now my mec is going through 3.7v and I have the nautilus on there. I just got it a week ago so im not too worried for now but would still liek to have an idea. I have all the coils ready to go for both devices.

Would it be safe to say that every month I should change them out? or should I actualy wait for a sign like taste or something of the sort?

Now onto cleaning.

Whenever I top up on juice I usualy use a napkin or paper towel or wtv I can find that isnt clothes to dry off the contacts just incase there was leakage and the threads since there usualy is a bit there too, I guess from moving around or wtv. but never amounts that would make me freak haha

I also wipe down the coils outer surface since there is always some sort of juice or condensation on there... I rather keep it clean. but do I have to get inside it? I doubt it for the kanger duals since the chimney is so slender but for the aspire duals the chimney is pretty big and I would be able to get in there if need be.

This is all for if everything is running smoothly... I know there will be off times where I will get a bad coil or a gasket is gonna fail or something.

Thanks a milion for this info guys. if youre not sure or need more kindof statistics I would love to get them but im kindof limited on access to the info like the juices ratio. Feel free to describe what your habits are since that will help me A LOT if ever you dont have the exact same habits as I do, it will at least give me an idea. and Ide rather be safe than to have something explode or ruin a tank because the coil did something... I dont know whatever could happen hahaha

Edited by christov11

I change coils when they start to taste funky or become hard to draw (sign the wick is gunked-up). I've not had a coil pop or fry, but did have one short-out on the first firing... no biggie though

Cleaning the contacts on the battery when you swap tanks is always a good thing, just to keep juice drops at a minimum. Juice leaking into the battery via the contact pin is a sure way to have a battery fail. Cleaning the bottom of the tank/coil area is a good habit too. Once you fill the tank, I like to give a little puff or two down the drip-tip of my EVODs or KPT3-minis to dislodge anything in the tube (shoots out the bottom onto a napkin). My larger tanks have AeroBases, so no danger of drips from the coil finding their way to the battery. I never bother wiping down the coil-head or stem when filling the tank.

I clean tanks regularly after a couple of refills and I vape 'em down.

I used to clean my coils regularly after a couple of tanks. Rinse them out, pat dry and dry burn them then set aside and rotate coils. Definitely extends their life. If you wait too long before rinsing they never really clean up well.

But lately its so easy to rebuild them (protank coils) i just burn 'em up and rebuild them and dont bother trying to stretch their life.

The nautilus coils not easy to rebuild so I clean them and dry burn. They easily last 3 or 4 Xs longer than PT coils anyway so I don"t fuss as much over them as I used to.

• 3 months later...