TH relationship pg/vg

DPCardoza

I'm in search of my perfect throat hit and want some advice before I prefer more. My local shop has good juice but it's expensive, like $8.99/15ml expensive. The first one I bought was 70/30 pg/vg 12mg nic and it had a nice throat. I then bought some 50/50 6mg nic, from bootleg and mount baker that have almost no throat hit. I went down on nicotine because I found I was vaping quite a bit and was noticing headaches but then lost the throat hit.

Can someone point to a good guide or advise here. I'm curious as to the relationship between flavor (sweet vs. Creamy vs. Tobacco), vg/pg and nicotine content.

PG and Nicotine are the throat hit producers (PG is also a better flavor carrier)

VG is mainly the vapor producer

I use a pure VG base that only has PG from the flavors with none added in 18mg and have almost no TH (by choice). My wife uses a 70pg-30vg in 24mg and I can only take a draw or two off hers before I feel like my throat is on fire lol.

Its all what you like so its hard to advise you what you should use but wanted you to know the basics.

I find personally that an PG at all really bothers my throat no matter what the ratio, but I found that out by trying out different ratios. I've heard that Vanilla is more PG based sometimes and that flavor bothers a lot of people too. But I agree with bcartervol99 it is all personal

In the last couple of months Iv been vaping, I`v tried allot of things chasing "The Burn" I used to get from cigars. And while Iv found I prefer a PG slanted ratio, the ratio (once its PG heavy) is not the magic bullet for me. Make no mistake, heavy (or all) VG does nothing for me, I don`t even waist my money on it anymore. Changing flavors helps a bit, but its still not an every vape experience no matter the exact ratio, mix or flavor.

The best thing Iv found to get back the throat hit is to take a 30 minute break. That brings it back until I`m used to it again and vape tongue is starting to set in, and then its time for another 30 minute break (and maybe some water, :?). So I`m on it for 15, off it for 30. Sometimes, when I can control myself.

Cheers,

R

Like VapeHappy, I smoked cigars for 30 years... and found on day-one of vaping that 80/20 juices really satisfied my need for TH. After a few months of trying different things, I have juices in ratios from 80/20 down to 30/70, but my daily vapes are 70/30 and 65/35... still getting a little TH from the PG and nicotine, and good flavor. I also have a 50/50 juice that I love... excellent flavor and vapor production, but I can't vape it all day as the flavor is rich and sweet, so it's an after-dinner vape :) I also still vape several flavors in 80/20 mix... not for the TH, but just because they taste so darn good :D