ohms question

jsr27

I'm using sterilized cotton balls to make my wicks. I've been vaping at 1.7ohm or 1.8ohms and feel like I'm lacking taste. Im using a kanger pro tank 3 and am wondering if I go with a lower resistance will I get more flavor? What ohm should I target? What can I do to get more flavor. I'm using 32ga kanthal. Is that recommended? I'm also using a separate uncoiled flavor wick. Please help me!!!

So I take it you've been rebuilding your kanger coil heads? Lower resistance does not always equal more flavor. At your resistance though it likely will. When you're subohming going too low will start to kill the flavor in a lot of juice but we're talking below .2 What device are you using? It was a vamo right? I think I remember you asking about it a while back. You can go down to about 1.5 or 1.6 with that but I don't get my vamo v2 or v3 to fire below 1.5 What I would recommend is building at 1.6 and using rayon cellucotton for wicks. Also adding an aero tank base from kanger to your protank3 if you haven't already. They can be purchased separately and just screw on as a replacement to the fixed airflow base and that will give you better and adjustable airflow. You can also try other drip tips that give you better airflow because that can increase your vapor and flavor. Another thing that is simple is your juice. If you order it from places like mount baker vapor have them add extra flavor shots. Use a higher PG base for more flavor. 50/50 PG/VG is the highest ratio of VG I'll use in a tank. The rayon cellucotton will wick better even with higher VG ratios though. You can find a giant box of cellucotton at a Sally's beauty supply for about $11-12 for 500ft. That will last you several years more than likely. If you don't have a Sally's locally you can find it on Amazon.

I don't know what gauge wire you should be using to rebuild kanger heads. I've never done it and I didn't use a protank2 very long. I prefer the aspire nautilus line of clearo tanks. Use whatever gauge is recommended but if you find out that 30g will work you should use that. It's slighter larger and more surface area on your wire means better burn and flavor. Still you need to target the 1.6 ohm as close as you can with that vamo. It will fire 1.5 but I'd just go slightly higher. They don't sell stock coils below that so that means you should stick to the 1.6-1.8 range as best you can.

Edited by SteezeOG

It wicks better than cotton and especially in tanks. I can't say if you'll get better flavor or not, depends on the juice for me. Better wicking means a better consistent burn though. It's not something you must do but you wanted a few ideas and that's one I'd try. You use it the same as cotton. If you're using a 70% PG juice you shouldn't be lacking flavor. Like I said the easiest thing to do is get juice with extra flavor shots added. Everything else will help with performance which can effect vapor and flavor in a positive way as well.

Are you rebuilding them as dual-coil heads or as a single-coil? The KPT3 is a dual-coil tank.

I've been using factory 1.5 Ohm dual-coils in my AeroTank (same as KPT3, but with Air Flow Control Base already there), and in my KPT3-minis... I get really good flavor from my 80/20 down to 50/50 juices and no wicking issues. Now chain-vaping a 30/70 juice can sometimes be an issue, as it takes a few seconds to wick in more juice, but usually no more than 3-5 seconds and I'm ready for another hit.

I got the cellucotton from Sally's and absolutely love it!! I've found that the lower resistance vapes better and flavor is much better than high resistance. I guess I'm wrapping single coils cause I don't know how to make it dual coil. Is there any sites or videos that can teach me how to? Send me a link please.