looking to get a rda to start cloud chasing

Spyke_696

Ok so I'm now at a point where I realy wanna try this. for those who don't know I'm rocking a brass nemesis original. well I'm looking for a rda now to start chasing so far I found 2 but idk what is good the 2 I'm looking at is the cerberus and the Mephisto.

i do not want to have 2 drill holes i don't feel comfortable with that well at least not yet.

so any light on this if either is good for it or any other ideas for a rda any info is respectable

If you want to really cloud chase I think you'll have to eventually get a top cap drilled out with large extra air holes. Patriot, Tobh, and IGO W are all options I'd say for that. If you want a good quality rda with good stock airflow and easy to build on I suggest the zenith v2. I love mine and the allen head posts provide the best connections I've ever used. They tighten down and stay tight no matter what. Never had issues with one backing out and they give a superior connection to every rda I own. The post holes are like large slits so parallel and twisted wire builds are pretty easy to fit. Down to dual 24g or single wire 22g I'd say. I stick to twisted 28g or dual 26g on mine usually. Gplat wire goes really low for resistance so I don't ever need more than that for dual coil builds. When you run the airflow wide open it's pretty good and I get great clouds. I build down to about .2 on mine without it getting hot. If you're looking to go lower than that you'll need more than stock airflow and you'll have to get replacement top caps or drill out the stock holes and do extras on some other rda. The IGO W is cheap and a good starter I think. A few places will even drill out the top cap when you order and you can buy replacement top caps that someone has drilled out to be for cloud chasing. You'll just have to run it with no drip tip or a really wide bore one maybe drilled out as well.

Edited by SteezeOG

well i got the tobh you said about cant wait to get it on on youtube as im typing this looking into it and im thinking im glad i went with this rda so ty steeze and ty mtd for your input but i went with the tobh maybe after using it ill be ok with drilling or for me being a aftermarket car mechanic ill mechine it like i do with the engine heads but till i figure out whai i need im not doing so but agin im going with that ty again my neme will enjoy it like i will i think (if anything was messed up note rum drunk wile posting :p )

I run an igo-w6 for cloud chasing right now. It's a quad coil RDA. Well it's supposedly a dual coil/ quad coil but I found it to work best in quad coil mode, 8 wraps 24 gauge kanthal. Check it out!!

u5aguqyh.jpg

I have a plume veil RDA on the way. It's supposedly the best of the best. 24k plated deck, "T" center post with 2 positive holes

Edited by Raptor Vaper

Heck yes it is! And that positive post is genius!! Why can't all RDA's have that positive post?

There are some that do and have for a while. I know the helios does and the brass monkee does for sure I'm using mine right now. It's great for installing coils and making connections. Not the easiest for centering coils unless you do it spaced out to the far end of the positive for each side.

There are some that do and have for a while. I know the helios does and the brass monkee does for sure I'm using mine right now. It's great for installing coils and making connections. Not the easiest for centering coils unless you do it spaced out to the far end of the positive for each side.

I've always built my brass monkey that way. I always run the positive to the far side to center the coils better.

I've always built my brass monkey that way. I always run the positive to the far side to center the coils better.

I've just started doing mine that way to try it out. It does help with the centering and if you can bend that longer negative lead just right it doesn't fire any slower. Wicks better that way too. Brass monkee rules. Way underrated RDA. I just slightly prefer my zenith v2 because the allen screws give a better connection and the airflow is a bit better.