Greetings from bonny Scotland

Hi all, I'm new to the forum but have now been vaping for about 3 months, I really got in to it 'cos my brother told me that the batteries blow up in your face, so I just had to find out the truth myself. lol My brother had actually given up smoking and had been vaping for a few months but when he heard about the battery incident he went back to the old cigarettes, but I have found that vaping is really good fun and it doesn't hinder my giving up the cigs the way all those patches, that make me itch, and the gum and inhalers, which do nothing, and I even tried the pills from my doc, but they just made me feel sick and they didn't stop me smoking. So I've gone from 2 packs of cigs a day to vaping and haven't had any withdrawal symptoms and I really love using a PV. Really had to give up smoking 'cos I've had Type 1 diabetes since I was 9 yr and I'm now starting to get the complications of the disease so the only route I could go was to stop smoking to save my life and I couldn't have found a better way to give up if I'd tried. I hope to be here for a long time and look forward to getting to know folks here on the forum. ;-)

Hello and welcome. I have only had one battery blow up in over 7 years and I really had to do some dumb stuff to it to get it to blow up. Wasn't in my face but laying on the floor charging. Wasn't much of an explosion but it wasn't contained in an unvented tube . Just a pop ,sizzle some smoke and funk.

Welcome to Vt, glad to hear your doing so well vaping and quit the analogs.

Its so much better for diabetics in my opinion, I'm a diabetic as well those patches and such didnt work for me either!

Seeing more and more of us go to vaping, I'm thrilled.

You know I'm betting, that you have to drink a lot more water w vaping, especially as a t1.

From Scotland, that's fantastic, love Scotland..