5v batts

robv1978

• 4 months later...

I wouldn't recommend using any larger batteries to build a mech. Now if you threw an adjustable voltage regulator and a fuse in it, I'd be all for it, and would honestly love to see a write up.

Functionality wise it would work but safety wise it's not a good idea at all.

Not true kngfdrgn. First if it can be utilized in a true mechanical mod then all you have to take into consideration is the amp rating of the battery. Use ohms law and determine what resistance is safe to vape at with that voltage.

Next option is making a box mod using said battery, at the moment tye only high rated momentary switch is a large 60a marine switch, or you can use the tried and true meathod of building a box with a MOSFET, resistor, and any momentary switch you wish.

I have a series box mod I made that runs a 8.4v lipo with a MOSFET, resistor and tactile switch and it functions flawlessly. The lipo is a 60a, but I tend to stay around .5-.7 ohms which uses around 14 amps and 117 watts

Well yes there are other ways to do it but I was speaking directly to his robv about his question. Someone who has the experience building electronics and understands what they are doing can do as they please.

It is not a good idea for someone who doesn't to go do down to there local supply store and pic up a 5v or larger battery to build a mod with. The last thing I want is someone getting hurt.