Making Your Own Flavors?

I visited one of my local vape shops this week and the guy I talked to was helping me find some new flavors. We got to talking about one of the more expensive ejuices he carries and he told me that the guy who makes them makes his own flavors, too. He basically steeps them in the sun (one of the flavors is like an orange cream cake so I'm assuming the oranges are steeping in the sun). i'm interested to try this, and was wondering if anyone knew how this is done. Like are they steeping in PG or VG or what???

Be very careful when working with raw fruit. I have done this with real fruit and it will cause a sludge that can not be filtered out. It is some kind of growth that will increase over time. I am not sure why this happens, but i does. It can look fine for about a week then you start to see it in the bottom of the bottle. Over a months time it can become quite thick at the bottom.

I would assume so, because it does grow. I have no way of testing it to know for sure, so I don't vape it. I do not know how to prevent it yet, but I'm working on it. I have had some fruit that this doesn't happen with. What I mean by that is out of the same package of fruit I had one batch that did not do this and 2 that did. It may be a bacteria or some other form of growth that is in/on select pieces of fruit. This happened most often with the Lemons and Oranges more than any other fruit. I have only tested doing this with Citrus fruits so it may have some connection.

I just read.another.study, there are.several actually quite a few on the molds and bacterias that can and.cannot grow in pig and VG.

Bacteria doesn't live in VG, however molds and mildews can.

Google it pretty interesting stuff.

Edited by Mtdobies

Interesting.... I'll have to look into that. My digital microscope wouldn't get a good close up of it. Wish I still the one I got from a school sale years ago.Then I could really see what it is. Mold would make seance in why it only affected some batches and not others.

This happened most often with the Lemons and Oranges more than any other fruit. I have only tested doing this with Citrus fruits so it may have some connection.

I was thinking of trying Grapefruit, too... :crybaby:

And as for the mold/mildew studies, I will definitely have to look into that. I am a Bio major, so it's nothing for me to get my hands on a microscope. It could even be a research project of mine! LOL

I could actually see people going for a Blue Cheese flavor, sadly. Especially if you can figure out buffalo wing hot sauce, too! Wing flavored e-juice. It would probably just be called "Hooter Juice" LOL!