Vaping just for the flavor

ikith

So one of my work buddies got in to vaping to back off of cigarettes and it has helped him tremendously.

After trying a few hits off of his vaporize I noticed I loved the flavors he had, however I am not interested in the nicotine at all, just the flavors.

Is there any health drawback from vaporizing 0mg just for the flavor?

If you do not smoke cigarettes, you should not start vaping, IMO

however, no one knows yet if it is "safe" we only know it is "safer than analogs"

E hookah has been around for awhile and it pretty much is just 0mg vape juice.

You probably don't want to hear this but vaping is still too new to know if it's totally safe -- even vaping 0 nic. There are no long term conclusive studies available. For those of us who are former smokers, we know that it's a healthier alternative than smoking cigarettes and the thousands of carcinogens that they contain. In my opinion I would steer anyone away from starting to vape even if it contains no nicotine.

If you do not smoke cigarettes, you should not start vaping, IMO

however, no one knows yet if it is "safe" we only know it is "safer than analogs"

E hookah has been around for awhile and it pretty much is just 0mg vape juice.

You probably don't want to hear this but vaping is still too new to know if it's totally safe -- even vaping 0 nic. There are no long term conclusive studies available. For those of us who are former smokers, we know that it's a healthier alternative than smoking cigarettes and the thousands of carcinogens that they contain. In my opinion I would steer anyone away from starting to vape even if it contains no nicotine.

exactly

No this is why I asked, so your feedback is very VERY welcome, I do appreciate it. Thank you.

It's PG and VG and flavor. PG breaks down into lactic acid and VG into sugar. So, it can cause some issues like a build up of said lactic acid and give you unusual muscle cramps (if you do this a lot or are especially sensitive). The VG may have consequences, much like consuming loads of sugar does regardless. Drinking an extra couple of glasses of water daily will certainly help (it'll help even if you don't vape, most people just don't hydrate enough) and if you notice yourself developing changes, stop and see if they clear up. I'm not really sure what long term consequences it can have, but my general belief is they will not develop over night, are not extreme and are probably reversible on the whole if you just stop when you notice things like the cramping. Most people don't even get it, but it's been reported.

I'm no scientist, this is just imo.

I worry about the same thing, but I really don't have any choice. I did find a study where rats were kept in a constant mist of PG for quite a long time. They then checked lung tissue, liver, etc. and couldn't find anything seriously wrong. Of course, we're not rats, and we live a lot longer. So, the jury's still out. If we're all still here and happy in 20 years or so, I'd be willing to weigh in with an opinion.

Still, if you don't smoke, maybe better not to take the risk.