I HATE lock rings!

Conneazoo

Are there any that DON'T get stuck?

I basically just trashed a Hiemdall clone because the ring was stuck so bad. Grrrrrrrrr!

What are y'all doing when your rings get stuck? I tried the freezer thing to no avail. Which mods do you feel have the best locking rings? For me (knock on wood) the Panzer and Raijin clones seem decent.

Surefire brushed knurled brass king is awesome. the lock ring operates on LARGE threads. Barely have to turn the sucker. It gets a little sticky locked in either position. Just enough not to spin of locked by accident. I can tighten them tight either way and undo it easily. I also use nyogel 760g, so that make it feel like a ball bearing. Kind of remind me of the stickiness you get from hardened titanium on hardened steel. Its a good sticky.

To get stuck unstuck, get a piece of leather and vice it down, grab the exposed with a wrapped around rubber band or grip rubber. If you are having sticking issues try some grease, but believe it or not, grease could make it worse. Grease allows threads to torque down even more due to less friction...

Good luck!!

Well part of the problem is clones. There's hardly any quality control coming out of china. Burrs in threading, crooked threads ect. But that's kind of a subject for a different time. The chi you lock ring is very nice and on the rare occasion when it does get stuck it's pretty easy to get unstuck. For locked parts of any kind, be it lock rings, sections of tubes, 510 I use either rubber dishwashing gloves (yes the yellow ones your mom used to wear) or if all else fails use a rubber strap wrench like these.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0058I0T7S/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?qid=1403705042&sr=8-7π=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70

if your looking for a clone with decent lock the Oni isn't bad, the Cronus is really good, only issue with the Cronus is the little allen heads have to constantly be tightened or they will come loose and disappear. (Loctite fixes this though) The Maraxus has a recessed fire button with no lock, as long as you don't put it into a pocket with keys or change it wont misfire. Those are the ones I own that don't have issues.

GP Paps X and GP Paps v3(recessed switch) are one of the best switches out. Both do not use a locking ring, instead you just rotate the switch to lock/unlock. None of these have clones on the market but they do have a clone of the Paps v2.5 which is the same lock style as the v3.

Review of Paps V2.5.

Edited by sparc

Thanks for the words and suggestions guys!

I will be investing in some dishwashing gloves and a strap wrench. Also, the mods you mentioned as well.

I will have an authentic one day!!!

Thanks again.

• 4 weeks later...