Nautilus flooding?

I've been running this tank for a for about a week. I really love the draw and the vapor production. I keep getting a slight gurgling and quite a bit of liquid in my draws. I have disassembled it mutiple times, cleaned, replaced the atomizer/coil. It works great for a about an hour, but it doesn't last. I am running it on the largest airflow opening.

I have checked all the orings and they seem fine. The only place I can see where one might be missing is possibly above the atomizer. In the tube coming down from the drip tip. Is there supposed to be one there?

I also take very long draws. My MVP flashes and quits on each one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Yes. I pulled it apart in the hotel tonight and the coil was completely full of liquid and dripping through the hole in the center pin.

I am using a 60PG/40VG. Could it be too thin? I was going to order a new SS tank and a box of coils next week, but I'm scared to invest more in it.

Well, in my opinion you are approaching the end of the coil life. Depending on the juice and how much you vape getting a week out of a coil is pretty good.

The wick and coil degrades with use. Pretty soon the wick cannot retain the juice and it gets past the coil.

I am on my second nautilus and keep having te same issue on all air holes. Cleaned changed heads multiple times. Maybe there's a bad batch. I'm going to give the tank one last chance today. Hope they fix this I've had 20 dollar tanks with better reliabilility.

Well it is working ok today so far. I've been switching between both coils I have all week. When it floods (completely) I clean the coil in vodka and let it dry over night and use the other coil. I will pick up a 5 pack Friday and see how it goes.

Edited by jasonculp

Unfortunately quality control can be lacking in ecig gear. No doubt about that.

There may be other factors. Heat alters materials. Vaping habits - if you are a "chain vaper" you are generating a lot of heat especially if you are pushing 4v or more.

I have found that "over washing" degrades coils quickly too, particularly wicks.

It's probably enough to take tank apart, remove coil, blow thru coil, blow thru base with widest setting on airflow contril then dab dry base. Def pull spring loaded pin from 510 connection and dab out. There is a little well in there that collects juice. If you dont pull the pin even a new coil sits on top of this well and can prematurely gurgle

I am definately an over washer! It has worked flawlessly today so far. I have had vapor tounge all day so I can't taste it anyway. I was hoping to make this my daily driving tank (im a salesman and drive 1400 - 1700 miles a week) and eventually get an RDA to use in hotels and at home in the evening. I just have not pulled the trigger on a mod and coil building supplies.

I pulled the pin last night and it was a little gunked up but not bad.

Thanks for all of your help!

• 2 weeks later...

may also help to not draw as hard on it. draw a little slower.

sometimes if you draw too hard on it, you will pull juice in faster than you can burn it.

another issue is you can draw hard enough to pull the wick away from the feed holes in the coil head causing it to let juice through without anything to control the flow.

That is the biggest problem with replaceable bottom coil units.

I clear x.i has the wicks exposed so those you can fix if they start having flooding issues. but not having wicks exposed means you just have to replace the ocil head when it starts flooding like that.

One of the many reasons I switched to an RBA. now when I have wicking problems I just adjust the wick, or replace the wick only, and if the coil ever burns out, I make a new one :D

Mine only floods when I have it in a box on its side like on the way to work, or in my pocket. It's real easy to clear by putting a paper towel over the drip tip and popping my wrist a couple times, like casting a fishing rod but only the flicking part. Also packing snuff resembles the motion but it's much slower with an atomizer. Try that instead of pulling and washing the coil, it only takes a second and Maybe a drop or twos equivalent is what goes on the paper towel.

I can use Nautilus coils a long time before washing, I haven't washed them more than about twice and then replaced them but that's with all day vaping for a week or something before I wash them. I always wash because I'm changing flavors, haven't ever just had one need washing for good taste although eventually I know they would need it if I wasn't replacing them.