Protank 3 Coils Too Tight

Is anyone else finding the coils in the Protank 3 to fit very tight? In fact, they fit so tight they become unscrewed from the base when I open the bottom of the tank and, got stuck inside the tank when I tried to refill. I've already destroyed one coil trying to remove it from the tank.

I've had one do that in my AeroTank (third coil out of a pack of 5)... it didn't stick in the tank or destroy the coil, but 9 out of 10 times removing the base to refill required me to lift out the coil and re-seat it into the base. I figured it was just a fluke coil or a bur on the shaft of my tank... I'm still using that coil, and it's going strong.... no leaks, no problems, just most of the time I have to lift it out of the tank and put it back into the base.

• 1 year later...

Tam when you use a KPT2 coil in a KPT3 do you turn the silicone cap upside down? That's the only way I can get it to not leak.

Actually what I do is add a upside down silicone cap.

Edited by FXRich

Tam when you use a KPT2 coil in a KPT3 do you turn the silicone cap upside down? That's the only way I can get it to not leak.

Actually what I do is add a upside down silicone cap.

Nope, I just use the coil as is and never had a problem. Of course it leaks a tiny bit but not enough to bother with. When I refill, I just dab the connection part of the battery and I'm good to go.

Are you using the short or long stem KPT single coils?