Tastes Great in the Store - But not at Home

Hi -

I've been having this problem with certain E-Juices and I'm not sure if it's due to steeping or nic level or me being a noob!

I taste-test EJuice in my local shop and find some wonderful and complex flavors - but when I buy them (1.2% nic) and bring them home they do not taste like they tasted in the store. Many are harsher and almost perfumy.

Any suggestions?

-CloudMaker

The juices you taste in the store are most likely have no nicotine in them. Adding nic almost always makes them have a "harsher" flavor. The perfumy taste usually goes away with some steeping with the cap off (make sure you put the open bottle somewhere kids and pets can't get to it). A week or more while shaking daily usually takes away that perfumy taste.

Nicotine levels, the fact those have been "sitting" for a long time (steeped flavor), and... sometimes... it's the clearomizer they are using, compared to yours. I can put the same flavor, from the same bottle into each of my different style tanks, and there will be subtle differences in the flavor and vapor from each one.

But, I agree that sometimes a fresh bottle from the B&M needs to steep an extra few days (to a couple weeks) before it's "awesome" juice.

Thank you for your responses. Yes I suspected the nic might be playing a role in the harshness. And I sure have found HUGE differences in my tanks - especially the ones that adjustable air flow (Aspire Nautilus) versus the ones that don't. I'll try steeping the perfumey one I have now as you advised and see if it helps.

Thanks again!

-CloudMaker

You can eliminate different equipment by taking yours in with a clean empty tank. If it is domestic liquid I would say the steeping thing has more to do with it than anything else. Especially if it is made to order.

• 1 month later...

Whenever I want to buy a flavor I never tried from a B&M I bring my dripping HH357 clone and an ego battery to try the bottle I intend to purchase. It allows you to know what it's really going to taste like and I've never had an issue with someone telling me I can't do it.

Whenever I want to buy a flavor I never tried from a B&M I bring my dripping HH357 clone and an ego battery to try the bottle I intend to purchase. It allows you to know what it's really going to taste like and I've never had an issue with someone telling me I can't do it.

There's a clone for an HH357? I'm curious. Where did you get it? :)