New AeroTank, with issues... :(

I just received my new Kanger AeroTank in the mail today (and picked up my new MVP 2.0 from the local B&M this morning)

I did an alcohol rinse on the tank and let it dry while I topped off the charge on the battery (surprisingly it was 99% charged)... SO, I popped in a fresh 2.0 ohm coil, topped off the tank and let the wick soak for a couple of minutes, screwed it onto my MVP 2.0.... and... zilch! Huh... checked the battery, yep, it's on... took another hit... still nothing...

I didn't check the coil resistance on the MVP before I tried that first hit, so I hit the P/U buttons and coil resistance is reading NON on the MVP, so I screwed on my ProTank 2 and gave it a try... reads 2.3 ohms and works flawlessly. I tried my ProTank 3 mini and it reads only 0.5 ohm, and did not work, but I'm pretty sure I just needed to adjust the contact pin on it.

I emptied out the Aerotank and fully disassembled it again... huh... it's missing the center pin on the Aero-base which extends the connection from the battery to the coil head, and the little silicone/rubber insulator at the bottom of the base is cocked sideways a little :(

Sealed package, authentic Kanger product... but someone let this get through Quality Control missing an essential part...

2014-05-12122520_zps1e3a283f.jpg

Anyone else ever ran into this? Would it better to contact my online retailer, or deal with Kanger directly?

Edited by Earthling789

I've contacted the online seller... so we'll see what they do. I'll happily return the whole unit for a replacement, but all I need is Aero-base!

This is the one disadvantage of buying online... if there is a problem, you lose your cost-savings over B&M shops in return postage :(

This is just one reason why B&Ms charge higher prices as well. ;) I hope you get things worked out. If the vendor is a reputable one, you will get a replacement. They will more than likely want you to send the whole tank back so they can get a replacement from their vendor.

LOL I do, but he would spend even more by doing that. If for some reason they do not replace it, contact me and I can get you a replacement pin. I have those too.

A very generous offer, Thanks, but the online retailer responded to my email... They are shipping out a new unit today via USPS Priority Mail, and I have 10 days to return the defective unit (or they will charge my CC for the second unit).

Sad this one was defective, but it wasn't the seller's fault... and it's the first product from Kanger I've opened that wasn't 100% perfect....

Incredibly fast shipping... He shipped it out Monday at 7:22pm, and I received the replacement in the mail this morning (Wednesday). I shipped out the defective one Tuesday morning, and it's not even left the state yet....

I opened the package, and the tank and base are perfect... and the function of the AeroBase is really nice, being able to adjust the air-flow really changes the draw, flavor, and vapor more than I expected... Now to play with it!

Even after returning the defective unit, I still saved ~$12 over the local B&M retailer, so I'll not be complaining about the price or having to wait a couple extra days... It's not like I was in desperate need of a tank, lol