Looking to start a 26650 mod

Crosshairs

I was looking to start a 26650 mod(Hades Clone) and im looking for some help getting to know everything so I can safely build a good hitting mod

The things im having trouble with are finding a decent battery good for the usage, I've heard alot about a sony battery but Im not quite sure

Other things im having a minor issue with is determining the best atomizer, wires/wrap and cotton to use Im not looking to spend alot on this part yet as Im just looking to get into a mech mod that will last me awhile before I learn enough to invest in an authentic and higher quality mod.

Any advice/criticism is appreciated, I do not need to stick with the hades or a 26650 if you have a better suggestion but this just looked like the best mod I could pick up for 30 bucks

Sorry if this is the wrong section for this but it was the closest I could find for a discussion about modding

Even before you get a mod, get yourself a dedicated ohm meter and acquaint yourself with Ohm's Law. If you already have one and understand the theory of Ohm's Law, then good for you and continue researching the mods and RDA/RBAs and wire and wick/cotton and torches and...and...and... :)

We're big into safety and doing it right around here. :D

Even before you get a mod, get yourself a dedicated ohm meter and acquaint yourself with Ohm's Law. If you already have one and understand the theory of Ohm's Law, then good for you and continue researching the mods and RDA/RBAs and wire and wick/cotton and torches and...and...and... :)

We're big into safety and doing it right around here. :D

I know I have some good multimeters around the house, Im not sure how accurate but my mvp v2 shows the ohm resistance if that could help me make sure its a proper ohmage

I learn more by hands on so if I could get some help getting started that would be great

Get a dedicated ohm meter made just for e-cigarettes, you can get one for around $20. Do not trust your APV to accurately read the resistance on a coil build! That's asking for trouble.

A good place to get Kanthal A-1 wire is TEMco. Many of us get it from there. Get some good, organic cotton balls that are not treated for wick, it's cheap, easy to find, and it gives the best flavor - in my opinion. :)

Everyone you talk to is going to have their favorite RDAs and RBAs (RDA = rebuildable Dripping atomizer RBA = rebuildable tank-style atomizer). I'll let the forum members who are more into that give you their takes on it. I'm still fairly new to RDAs and building coils. So far I've been stuck with getting the wicks just right. My coil builds are fine, though. *sighs*

If you have a Kanger Pro Tank style of clearomizer, you can rebuild those coils and might be a good place to start. Rixter wrote a post with pictures on how to do that. It's very clear and concise and easy to follow.

Get a dedicated ohm meter made just for e-cigarettes, you can get one for around $20. Do not trust your APV to accurately read the resistance on a coil build! That's asking for trouble.

A good place to get Kanthal A-1 wire is TEMco. Many of us get it from there. Get some good, organic cotton balls that are not treated for wick, it's cheap, easy to find, and it gives the best flavor - in my opinion. :)

Everyone you talk to is going to have their favorite RDAs and RBAs (RDA = rebuildable Dripping atomizer RBA = rebuildable tank-style atomizer). I'll let the forum members who are more into that give you their takes on it. I'm still fairly new to RDAs and building coils. So far I've been stuck with getting the wicks just right. My coil builds are fine, though. *sighs*

If you have a Kanger Pro Tank style of clearomizer, you can rebuild those coils and might be a good place to start. Rixter wrote a post with pictures on how to do that. It's very clear and concise and easy to follow.

Looking to get rid of that kind of tank, id rather just resort to dripping to change up the flavors a bit

I see a decent ohm meter for about 20 bucks, but I know theres a a high quality lab bench style multimeter that would work just the same, it just doesnt resort to a specific socket.(hold the probes on both points) I would definatly get one later for conveniece but I think for now it would work just the same

Are you familiar with the regular dripping type of atomizers? Those don't need to be rebuilt, you just place it on a battery with a 510 connection and drip. If you're already familiar with these, you might want to go with a better atomizer: HH.357 by Avid Vaper. Those are the Lamborghinis of atomizers. The regular HH.357s run around $22 but I prefer the custom made ones at $24.99. :)

Hands on is good and if your used to using a multimeter fantastic. It is still a good idea to watch lots of vids on making coils. I grew up with a multimeter in my hand so to speak. but still researched the crap out of you tube watching vids. Rip Trippers is a good one for coil builds to start with and Grimm Green for mod suggestions. Start small and work your way up as you feel comfortable. I would go with a 18650 Mod to start with and either Sony VTC 4s or VTC 5s for batteries. Either way start with the 1.xx ohm builds and if you decide to go lower ohm make sure you have a good handle on the higher ohm builds first.

Hands on is good and if your used to using a multimeter fantastic. It is still a good idea to watch lots of vids on making coils. I grew up with a multimeter in my hand so to speak. but still researched the crap out of you tube watching vids. Rip Trippers is a good one for coil builds to start with and Grimm Green for mod suggestions. Start small and work your way up as you feel comfortable. I would go with a 18650 Mod to start with and either Sony VTC 4s or VTC 5s for batteries. Either way start with the 1.xx ohm builds and if you decide to go lower ohm make sure you have a good handle on the higher ohm builds first.

Any good 18650 mod you can reccommend? The reason I was looking at a 26650 is the mod was only 30 bucks itself

• 2 weeks later...

Alright so the vct5 finally came in stock and I ordered it. Im planning on ordering the nemesis mod mixed A.(aswell as a ohm meter)

Not the last thing I need to figure out is what buildable atomizer to get, any suggestions?

lol. I dont got money for that lol. Any good suggestions for a starter

http://www.discountvapers.com/drip-tips/

Make sure it says it's for a 510 or 901 so they fit what you're using in tanks. Empire Mods also has many cool drip tips as well. :)

http://www.empiremods.com/category_s/48.htm

Take a look for the link to the left and you'll also see glass drip tips there.

http://www.discountvapers.com/drip-tips/

Make sure it says it's for a 510 or 901 so they fit what you're using in tanks. Empire Mods also has many cool drip tips as well. :)

http://www.empiremods.com/category_s/48.htm

Take a look for the link to the left and you'll also see glass drip tips there.

thats just drip tips? i still need an atomizer.preferably found on fasttech

Oops, sorry. Posted on the wrong thread. Was talking about drip tips elsewhere. I don't buy from fastech so I'll bow out and let those who do take over. :)

Well any site will do. I just seem to find all of the products that other sites sell cheaper from fasttech

• 4 weeks later...