Long time lurker, just dropped by to ask for some opinions

rbalenbin

Been lurking here for a couple months, been vvaping for the same amount of time. Any hoo, current set up is a pro tank 3 mini 1.5 ohms, with a ego c twist 1100 mah (just found out its a knockoff). Smokes great, thick white clouds, superior flavor compared to ce5 clearo with same battery. Thought I'd go out and treat myself to a new battery but my wife brought me home a 1300 mah ego twist (also fake). The flavor isn't there with the new battery though. Same tank same everything. I tried finding a voltage with better flavor but it's just not there. Is this a battery quality issue?

The amount of air draw the new batt allows could maybe cause that.

You might try setting it at ~3.8 and blocking air holes to see if that helps.

That and checking the voltage like Bebop said may help. :iiam:

Air draw isn't an issue because I also have the bottom valve from the aero tank and even when fully open taste isn't quite up there. It does make it better but no where near as flavorful as with my 1100 mah. Guess I'll have to get a meter

Are you saying that the same tank, same coil, switched between batteries gives significant flavor difference? Even with vv adjustment? It just doesn't make sense. I could definitely see how airflow could be a huge factor in flavor. But you're saying it's not an airflow issue at all? I'm stumped......

Same mini protank 3, same coil (brand new), same flavor. Just unscrewed from 1100mah ego c twist at 4.0 volts put on 1300mah ego c twist at 3.2v, 3.8v, and 4.0v and flavor taste just isn't the same. Superior taste on the 1100mah. Tried with aerotank valve with air open, little better but not as good. With air closed it was about the same flavor but better hit.

Well, I have found that not all batteries are created equal when it comes to connection and airflow so I would guess that is the factor contributing most to your problem as joe2003 has stated.

I'd say yes, a weak less quality battery can couse these issues. Especially with a low ohm coil such makes them stress even more.

A voltage meter will show the batteries output, but what is more important is the batteries droop under load.

Say it puts out 3.7v into the meter with no tank attached, my bet is once a tank is attached the batteries output is dropping way down and possibly under 3v.

I'd return it if possible and if you can't try a higher ohm coil at 2ohm or 2.5 ohms.