Magneto RSST Genesis-Style Hybrid (First Mod)

SAvoltage

Just wanted to post a few things/questions I have run into in the past day using the new Genesis Hybrid RSST for my Magneto. Pictured below.

*pictures with my iPhone, so may not be the best

dxh7l.jpg

1znl93p.jpg

I built it at the store I purchased to make sure I didn't run into any snags along the way. I had watched a few videos on youtube where they wicked it up with cotton. The owner of the shop said that is one way but suggested using mesh. Well all is said and done and works fine and is safe but I feel like the hit is to harsh. At first I thought it might be the juice so I put some into my smaller unit with an aspire tank with replaceable prebuilt coils and an ego twist style batter set at 4.4v and it tastes amazing. Could the mesh be causing this? Should I try out the cotton build. This is my first attempt at a build so let the advice/criticism fly. I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong section. Feel free it boot it over to the right place, still trying to get all the lingo, names, and abbreviations down.

Mesh has a break in time also. Do have a slight twang of metallic taste? That taste will eventually dissipate. If your setup is to low of ohm and you still have the stock air hole it will be harsh. If your Nic level is to high with a Genius it will or could be harsh to you. Same goes with with pg level of your juice. Since you have air flow control open it all the way and see if that helps

This is why I stopped using mesh and also read that the mesh can give of toxin when heated at the temps that are used. I stick with cotton now. Granted you need to re-wick when you dry burn it, but I don't the extra work for the flavor boost I get with cotton and it wicks better.

Thanks for the responses. I really think it might be the mesh. Just doesn't taste right. I would have not done mesh in the first place if it wasnt for the advice of the shop owner. Guess I'll rebuild it today with cotton and see how she goes.

Edited by SAvoltage