VAMO V5

Well, I just pulled the trigger on a VAMO V5 and can't wait for it to arrive!

It was between this and the Innokin SVD. It came down to research. Between videos and a lot of reading, it seems that the VAMO will be better for me.

My Vision spinner will remain, but I'm still stoked!

It you decide to "stack" the 18350's please read up on the safety aspect of it! The 18650 should be fine, however now that you are about to be useing them you should know that not all batts are the same when it comes to quality and safety. Search the forum and you will find what others feel are good, safe, and reliable.

I appreciate it fish.

I am an aviation electrician and spent some time working in a battery locker while I was in the service. Mostly, dealt with lead acid and NiCad batts. Battery safety is nothing to mess around with. I'm sure that anyone who has witnessed a runaway will certainly attest to this.

I think a lot of people take batteries for granted. Thanks again!

So I've had the VAMO for three days now. I have to admit that this thing is kickin' like Jackie Chan!

Nice build quality. Good clicky buttons, (I had to get used to the huge click on the fire button) easy to navigate the menus, and a better vape for me than my Vision.

I have realized that I really don't care for 18350 batteries. Perhaps it's just the mAh rating, but I'll be stocking some good 18650's.

I've also found that I prefer the power setting over the voltage setting. I seems to give me a more consistent vape throughout the battery life. 10W seems to be the spot!!

LOL!

I think you'll dig it. I started my settings low and worked up to what was right for me. However, I neglected to mention that my main vape juice is what I set at 10W. Those are a tobacco flavor and a fireball candy flavor. If I'm chugging on something fruity I set it in the 8.5 to 9W range.

My Spinner has been good to me. I shall keep it! LOL!

Post on how you like the VAMO when you get it.

I got a vamo v5 a week or so ago and am ready to drop analogs altogether soon. With a pro tank 3 it is so smooth and tasty! Mmmm chocolate vapes... Edit: been using it with only one 18350 and it works great so far

Edited by raiderep

As far as the vamo v5 and vision spinner go, both have alot of good feedback and are used by many. Mvince, can you tell us what happened with your spinners that cause you to think they break easily? I've heard many say they hold up well. Just looking for your thoughts. Thanks

As far as the vamo v5 and vision spinner go, both have alot of good feedback and are used by many. Mvince, can you tell us what happened with your spinners that cause you to think they break easily? I've heard many say they hold up well. Just looking for your thoughts. Thanks

First off when I received my first one, I had to send it back because the contact point was not functioning properly. (would only make connection some of the time). When I received my replacement I noticed that the internals of the device were very loose and would move around with even the slightest shake, I brushed this off as I am not rough with my devices. I bought two more of the batteries, one of which had the same loose internal problem. One of my batteries also sometimes doesn't like to charge correctly. From time to time I will put it on the charger (knowing that it is dead or close to it) and it will charge for about 5 minutes before going green. I then have to detach my battery and reattach to resume charging. I have used 4-5 different chargers and had the same problem.

Overall I am satisfied with the performance of the battery, I just think the physical quality could be a bit better.

Oh yeah, I also noticed one of them would get hot at the bottom near the voltage dial when firing. I assume this was caused by the loose internals grounding to the case as it only does it once in a while.

Edited by mvince201

I have a VTR and am considering a Vamo V5 for work. The ability to shorten and use the half sized batteries is appealing, but my concern is the exposed glass tank. I would be afraid of breaking it. With the VTR the tank is somewhat protected, but its also heavy to lug around.

Edited by regal

Ya, that's a bummer.

I only have my Vtr and a vv/vw2 so I Dont know anything about the spinners.

Some love them, must be just your luck..

2.5 ft onto carpet I've.dropped my vv2 lots farther then that into cement and it keeps on going..