Parallel coils

Crazyavonlady

A syringe? Mine was wrapped on a medium sized screwdriver.... I wanna say a #1 in the mini kits you can get at Walmart. Then,when you torch, you have to be super duper careful and gentle when tightening it up. Then... I put it back in the screwdriver and tighten it up again. I go back and forth between torching and tightening a few times.

I did fold my wire in half. You have to be super careful with it. When your wrap it, it needs to be parallel, nothing overlapping. When we get our Kanthal in, if you're still having problems, I might be able to skype you or do a google hangout to show how I did it. I didn't do it exactly like rip trippers because his way just didn't work for me.

I torch my wire before wrapping. I do mine on a 5/64th bit. Fold in half. Do my wraps on one side. Insert the folded side in the left negative post. Then tighten neg post. Run the long leads thru the pos and gently pull on them with needle nose pliers to tighten em up then tighten pos screw. Then wrap on the otherside with the bit on the deck. Run leads thru right side neg post then pull em tight using pliers again. Tighten post screw and check other post screws again.

Of course, this method is for running dual parallels. But, it still works for singles. Just get your neg lead started first and tightened down. Then run your pos leads thru and pull using the pliers trick.

CAL is right about the gently squeezing when heat pulsing though. To hard and they bunch up and overlap. Can be a PITA to build sometimes. The last one I did, I stabbed about 3/4 of an inch of wire into my thumb cuticle. Bled like a stuck hog. Lol

The one pictured I didn't torch before wrapping however I did torch my husbands before wrapping it, and it did make a difference. I always use the wrapping tool when inserting the wires too. I leave them on so when I do pull them through with pliers, they don't get bent outta shape. I do this for all of my builds though, because I like making 100% sure that my builds are tightly coiled. :)