Maraxus mod (clone) miss firing and button becomes very hot

I purchased the Maraxus clone about three weeks ago. Worked great, hit hard and I never had a problem until the last couple of days. Now it only seems to fire every other time i use it, sometimes the button becoming very hot. I've taken it apart and cleaned everything, yet it still seems to do it. I have discontinued the use of it in fear that it will destroy my face. Just need a little insight on what the problem(s) might be and if i can fix them. Oh and i have been using a Helios (clone) with a duel coil that reads .45. Any help would be great, thanks.

You'll net to replace the button spring. The springs that come in some clones are made from an inferior metal and can cause "hot button".

You'll need to replace the button spring. The springs that come in some clones are made from an inferior metal and can cause "hot button".

hmm, i had no idea they made the magnet setup for the maraxus.

ill be doing that as well.

They don't, that I'm aware of. But you can get a cheap micrometer and take some rough measurements for two that you'd need. Then do a search for "ring magnets" a get a few in varying sizes and thicknesses and try em out.

This is basically how the magnetic switch bandwagon started.

Modding the mod. As vapers, we kinda gotta be inventive! Lol

Edited by Joshuab3687

Rcam has a good point here. Most of the higher quality mods have fewer pieces to it. I love the looks of the Maraxus and have considered several times about getting an authentic one, but the thing that slways deters me, is the amount of parts that make up the mod tube.

You have to understand, the mod tube itself is the device through which the negative conductivity is passed thru. So, it stands to reason, the more parts that have to thread together, the more points of potential failure. Everywhere there are threads, there is a minor point of voltage drop. Also, when you hear people talk about the threads being "buttery smooth", its because the smoother the threads, the better the conductivity.

So, in closing, like Rcam said above ^, check youtube about the best way to configure your Maraxus. It may solve your hot button issue.

Thanks for bringing that up Rcam! I totally forgot about that!

I've got the Maraxus clone, not sure who made it or what the voltage drop is but it hits like a beast, the only thing I have changed was I took the upper ring with the teeth on it and turned it upside down so the teeth face up, more comfortable to hold that way

Ace hardware....they have a wide selection of springs. I just had to buy one today for my launcher v2. The spring that was in it might as well been 20g kanthal cuz I got some kind of hot on sub ohms. Spring was 75 cent. And no more hot button. Side note home depot had disc magnets that might work in your mod they were jus a hair to big for mine

• 1 month later...

Take out the white derlin cap that secures the spring and button, there should be a brass disc on the inside of it. All the original Maraxus's and the 1 off clones have this disc. Most of the cheaper clones do not come with it or the o-ring on the cap. Currenly looking for a solution, other than making one as my clone did not come with this disc either. Will keep y'all posted

• 7 months later...

ok the magnets on ebay i wouldn't get. but the ones on fatdaddyvapes does work on this one. 5 more dollars than ebay but well worth it. i dont have any misfires or button getting hot. even though if you dont want to go with the magnets the thicker/stronger spring does also work. got those first from ace hardware. i also kept the washer that was on top just under the plastic cap on there.

Edited by james r

• 3 months later...

Well iam having problems withe my maraxus clone/iron man mod.i havent really figured out the problem but so i just baught a new battery for it nd i used it for about 2days nd it waz hitting hard nd smooth but after it died finally with out charge after buying it.icharged it fully nd then put it back in.after that it would hit pretty good nd strong like it should.then it starts to get weaker nd then it fully dies.iam gussing thats wat happen but i took it apart fully nd tinkered with it but now nothing at all..no burn..nothing..."any thoughts"

vapereaper it could be that you discharged your battery too much.

What battery Is it?

What voltage does it read when you put it in the charger after it died?

How long did you let it charge?

What was the voltage of the battery once fully charged?

What is the mAh rating of the battey?

Well i think its a 1800 or less cause wat happen is i dont have my chager curently nd i went to a vape shop nd the guy charged it for me ..nd it dosent read the battery number its a white charger thats house 2 batterys that r 1800 or lower..cause i had the same charger nd it only has 2 lights one on each side..but it turns red wen its dead or low nd wen i came back after a couple hours he said it waz green but he said it will only last about 30mins or so..nd thats how it lasted...

If you used this battery till it was totally dead, then there is a high chance your battery is toast. You can not discharge these to 0 volts or you will ruin the battery to the point it either will not charge, or only give you a partial charge for a charges then die completely. Only discharge it to a min of 3.4-3.2 volts then charge it to keep your battery in good working condition.