I got impatient..

Bushwick

So I got a bit impatient waiting for my kanthal and meter, and I tore apart the stock build on my trident clone I got from Fasttech. I wrapped 6 times each on a 1/16" drill bit. My question is will my VTR tell me if there is a short without firing it? I know it tests resistance, and I know it has short circuit protection on it. But I want to know if it will tell me before I do anything else. I don't want to risk having a short and putting it on my dearly beloved device!

I want my meter.. :(

I know it will display the ohms. Also, don't worry, I'll be safe. The last thing I want to do is be stupid about this. I was just wondering if it tell me if there's a short. I really just wanted to try my hand at wrapping coils. If I can't fire it safely, that's fine. I just really really wanted to give wraps a try. :)

I don't meen to come across as rude at all. My concern is not just for you, but for others that may read this thread. The users manual will tell you what to expect with short. Yes, it should tell you if you have a short. Please, know that this info should be included in the manual. Again, just trying to make sure you have a good grasp of your device and how we can help you.

I understand what I need from my battery, Troy. 1.3 ohm coil with a Sony VTC4.

The whole point of this post was to make sure there was a short warning on my VTR. I had no plans to put it on a device until I knew whether or not there was. I know what I need to know to start building, I'm simply waiting on my meter and I got a little impatient. My bad, guys.

And I would be using a mechanical for the actual vaping. I just wanted to test it on my VTR to find that information.

Edited by Bushwick

Then I'm cool... Too many trying too soon... I need this lifestyle to be safe, now if ever we all need to forget about clouds before safety. Stupid media is killing us.. Yes the VTR if your base is fixed and does not spin, 2nd revision.. Is accurate just don't fire it first. If your ohms are high enough, go for it.. Just be safe bud...