New wrapped coils, burnt hits need help

So I've wrapped a few coils now for my kpt but I'm having an issue..

First off, they are 2.2 - 2.3 ohm coils with a 5/6 wrap if I'm not mistaken with 32g wire using a 5/64 drill bit.

Vapor and flavor is 10x better but here's my issue. After it sits for 15-20 mins without vaping, my next hits are really burnt. Almost like the cotton is dry. It eventually goes away but damn it sure is getting in my nerves..

Battery is at 7.5-8.0 watts and I did my best to get the coils as close to each other but they are still spaced, I've only built 4 soo far. All are having this dry hit issue.

Am I doing something wrong? If more info is needed ask away and I'll try to help as much as I can, thanks!

It takes a little bit of trial and error to get it just right. Too much and/or too tight inside the coil can lead to dry hits. Too little and/or too loose, it'll get flooded and leak out onto your battery contact. You want it to be a little snug, but able to pull it back and forth. I know thats not a great answer, but its hard to quantify without being there to show you, hands on.

You know Josh I have been kicking around the Idea of doing one on one over Skype for coil building and DIY Juice making lessons. I think the videos are great that help people build coils and do DIY but to have someone sit down with you and be there to shoot questions at could be nice for some people.

You know Josh I have been kicking around the Idea of doing one on one over Skype for coil building and DIY Juice making lessons. I think the videos are great that help people build coils and do DIY but to have someone sit down with you and be there to shoot questions at could be nice for some people.

this is a GREAT idea!

Also a google hangout would be good too-- you can have like 10 people on there. But everyone has to have google plus, which is they have a gmail email address isn't too hard to do. We use hangouts all the time now for md vapers (group on Facebook) just to chat! And show off ;)

I would so do this