Need some advice...

Alright you DIY'ers out there... I'm having an issue with mixing my own. I am using a 30%PG/70%VG with 6mg NIC as my base, and have tried 3 different flavorings but they all end up smelling like chemicals (kinda reminds me of like the smell of compressed air or cleaning chemicals or something) and taste awful... I bought the flavorings and the PG/VG base from Vices Electronic Cigarettes (online) I have tried the sweet cream, peanut butter, and brown sugar flavorings. Am I just using crap juice or something? I been using 4ml of the base, and between 10 to 15 drops with a dropper of the flavorings. I'm just making about 5ml of each batch to test with. Are my mixtures of flavor to base off or something?

Do you know what brand of Flavorings they are? Could be that they are just cheap junk. I have run across bad flavorings before and it so disappointing. Go to www.wizardlabs.us and look at what they have. Most are either lorrans or flavor apprentice both are good quality.

Just looked and they are from TFA normaly a good choice.

Could be that they are old, or may be that you need to add a little less, but 1 ml flavoring to 5 mls of base is not to much. Could be the base... try vaping the base at 6mg and smelling it and see if it has a foul odor or taste. Some flavoring by them selves taste bad too. The ones you picked with the exception of the peanut butter are ones you use to mix with other flavors. Like cream with orange to make Dreamsicile.

The base by itself has no smell or odor at all. I went ahead and ordered all new liquids from the site you provided. This time I did a 12mg of nic in 100% VG then ordered some PG as well o I can dilute it down to 6mg with the PG or mix to whichever ratio I want. I think this will fix the problem. The stuff I have no is just garbage and probably old too.

Wizard labs is where I get most of my test flavorings from, then order from the manufacturer for a better price on larger quantities. I have talked with them and they are very helpful. The NIC is fresh and fast service. I generally order the Nic separate so it don't delay the flavorings.