Hi All

NicoleC

Hi all,

My name is Nicole and I am new here.

I've been a moderate smoker in the past but moved on to electronic cigarettes a while ago. Happy with all the health benefits they bring but one thing I have that I can't get rid of is chronic cough.

Does anyone here seen cough develop when moving on to e-cigs? Have you managed to get rid of it and if yes how...

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

My name is Nicole and I am new here.

I've been a moderate smoker in the past but moved on to electronic cigarettes a while ago. Happy with all the health benefits they bring but one thing I have that I can't get rid of is chronic cough.

Does anyone here seen cough develop when moving on to e-cigs? Have you managed to get rid of it and if yes how...

Thanks in advance.

Nicole, first off, Welcome to Vapor Talk! Second, how long have you been vaping for and off the analogs (cigs)? What nicotine level are you at? A higher nic level and a higher PG ratio will give a stronger throat hit that may cause coughing.

It took me about a month or so for my body to get rid of all that tar in my lungs and finally get rid of my smokers cough. I also had to adjust my pg/vg ratio and nic level to get my nic-fix and throat hit without making my cough.

Welcome to VT! My cough took about a month (give or take a few days) to go away. I smoked for 30+ years, 1 to 1 1/2 pack a day. I vape 18 mg juice, not sure of the pg/vg ratio.

Edited by VapeMama

Thanks for all the feedback.

I quit smoking real cigarettes more than a year ago. Not been too active when it comes to e-cigs but I do give them ago every now and then. :) Too difficult to give away a habit that you are used to so much.

I've had the cough for more than a year too and that is my main worry. GP's keep writing it off to something else so thought I ask here.

I been mainly using 11-18mg strengths in the past. These seem to suite me the best.

Thanks all