Newbie"s First Order..Need Help!

Hello Yall! I joined not too long ago...Been reading alot of the information here...My kids bought my e cig for me at the flea market...I'm trying to quit cigs after 50 years...I used to smoke a pack and a half of Pall Mall menthols a day...Started vaping probably about a month or so....I have been getting 36 and 24 menthol juice...i get it from the flea market guy..$6 for a 10ml. bottle of 24mg.menthol tobacco...Then, when I can't get to the flea mkt....There's a smoke shop right in my neighborhood, his is the 36mg..But he is veeerry expensive...$11.90 for a 10 mg. bottle...my hubby and i are retired and can't afford his high prices...So I'm ready to order some liquid online for the first time...I need yall's help (if you will) in what I should get...I know nothing! Here's what I like....Big throat hit...I like a burndy tobbacco taste with menthol...Have never tried any other flavors...I want my juice to taste as much like a cig as possible..Can yall advice me as to where and what I should get...I know it depends on my equipment...Don't even know what i use...I looked online and it looks like i have an iclear tank and an evod battery with different voltage settings...Please help me ...I'm running out of juice and don't wanna buy a pack of cigs.

Hugs, Blanche

Best advice I can give is to look through the E-Liquid reviews. There are some very good reviews of tobacco flavors and can help guide you to what may work for you. Just remember Taste is subjective. You will also be hard pressed to find 36mg on any site, 24 is the highest most sell at. I have yet in 4 years had any tobacco flavor taste like a cigarette.

I like the various tobacco and RY Dekang liquids at EcigBestsave and LitecigUSA,the tobacco from Vaportalk is also very good. You can get a menthol flavor and a few drops to a tobacco until you get what you are looking for. The Dekang Hilton is very smokey to me. The prices are comparable to what you are paying or perhaps less but there is shipping . Most people on the forum are anti imported liquid for some reason but I have been using Dekang for over five years now and haven't found a domestic as consistent or as good. No steeping required either. What you are getting from the flea market is most likely Dekang or Hangsen from CHina.

Edited by mcquinn

Best advice I can give is to look through the E-Liquid reviews. There are some very good reviews of tobacco flavors and can help guide you to what may work for you. Just remember Taste is subjective. You will also be hard pressed to find 36mg on any site, 24 is the highest most sell at. I have yet in 4 years had any tobacco flavor taste like a cigarette.

Yep. What Comp said.

I thought I saw that EC Blends offered a 36 mg of nic but it says that it's intended for dilution. 24 mg is probably as high as you want to go.

http://www.ecblendflavors.com/traditional-flavors/

That said, if you want a really strong throat hit, the 24 mg should be good for you but I'd also go with a higher PG ratio say...like a 80 PG/20 VG or something along those lines. The lower VG ratio will give you less vapor but the higher PG will help (along with the high nic level), to give you a pretty harsh hit.

IF you wind up buying from EC Blends just so you know, they don't make the juice until you order it so, in order to get the full flavor of the juice to come through, it's going to need a little time to steep (age). You can speed steep it by putting the bottle into a zip lock bag, get as much air out as you can, seal it and dunk it into a bowl of very hot but not boiling water. When the water cools shake the bottle and refill the bowl with more very hot water. Repeat several times. That will help it along. Only time will really do the trick but this method may get the flavor to where you can vape and taste it.

I thought to steep liquid was to let it oxidize and let some of the volatile ingredients to evaporate. Wouldn't sealing in a baggie defeat that? The last time I looked into steeping the advice was to remove the cap and let it sit in a dark area for a few days to weeks.

Edited by mcquinn

I thought to steep liquid was to let it oxidize and let some of the volatile ingredients to evaporate. Wouldn't sealing in a baggie defeat that? The last time I looked into steeping the advice was to remove the cap and let it sit in a dark area for a few days to weeks.

Seal in baggie so you can put the bottle into the water and not mess up the label for speed steeping only. If you don't care about the label on the bottle, just stick the bottle into the hot water. Otherwise, for regular steeping, yes. Take the cap off and set in a cool, dark place and let sit. Put cap back on to shake once or twice a day, take cap off and let sit again. Sorry I wasn't clear. :)

Hello Yall! I joined not too long ago...Been reading alot of the information here...My kids bought my e cig for me at the flea market...I'm trying to quit cigs after 50 years...I used to smoke a pack and a half of Pall Mall menthols a day...Started vaping probably about a month or so....I have been getting 36 and 24 menthol juice...i get it from the flea market guy..$6 for a 10ml. bottle of 24mg.menthol tobacco...Then, when I can't get to the flea mkt....There's a smoke shop right in my neighborhood, his is the 36mg..But he is veeerry expensive...$11.90 for a 10 mg. bottle...my hubby and i are retired and can't afford his high prices...So I'm ready to order some liquid online for the first time...I need yall's help (if you will) in what I should get...I know nothing! Here's what I like....Big throat hit...I like a burndy tobbacco taste with menthol...Have never tried any other flavors...I want my juice to taste as much like a cig as possible..Can yall advice me as to where and what I should get...I know it depends on my equipment...Don't even know what i use...I looked online and it looks like i have an iclear tank and an evod battery with different voltage settings...Please help me ...I'm running out of juice and don't wanna buy a pack of cigs.

Hugs, Blanche

almost 12$ for a 10ml bottle of juice?! my goodness. Im used to paying anywhere from $6.99 - $8.99 for a 10 ml bottle of juice. 30ml bottles are usually $15-18$ ( These are Dallas prices though) I would look for a different vapor shop with some cheaper prices on juice if I were you. Support the local shops!

Back when I started and wanted Tobacco flavors I found sweet-vapes.com "Traditional Tobacco" to be a very close match to the taste of an analog. I believe it is also offered in a menthol. Great vendor IMO.

Thank yall for the advice....I'm going to look all those places up online...I did find out that I need to order the smallest bottle possible at first to see if I like it...My battery died on me today while on a road trip...almost folded and bought a pack of cigs...But I didn't...

That's why we strongly recommend having back ups. And back ups of back ups. You never know when a battery will go out or break. Same thing with tanks and coils and chargers and... and... Never hurts to have back ups. :)

I had the same taste in cigs you do minus the menthol. IMHO you can't go wrong with Dekang's tobacco flavors. They've got that gritty "dirt" taste that is missing from so many other tobacco flavored liquids. I think they have a pall mall flavor too, but if not, give the 555 and camel flavors a shot. You can pick them up for a little under $10/50ml on FastTech.com but mind you out may take up to a month to get your shipment at your doorstep. If you can't wait that long, I know Madvapes.com is an American vendor that prices their Dekang flavors pretty low, and I'm sure other forum members here know of other american vendors that don't overcharge for Dekang. Good luck!

I am a former menthol smoker, and did not like any menthol juices at first (made me want a cigarette). I stick with a local vendor (yes I pay slightly higher prices...but knowing the person who makes my juice makes a difference) and when I'm not vaping g2, I'm vaping five pawns Bowdens mate (another slightly pricey juice, but it's the only mint flavor that I've enjoyed). Vape dojo has some good flavors (not sure if they ship or not)... I've heard nothing but good reviews on their ecto cooler. The vapers knoll is also reasonably priced, they make their juices in house ($35 for 100 ml of basic juice) but again, idk if they ship.... I'll have to ask around.