DNA20/30d chip for build

BestVapes

What kind of box should I make? What should I make the box out of? I wanna build something that is not for sale and one of a kind. I already have a list of materials I will need (board, battery, wires etc) just need an idea for a case/box/shell of some kind to put it all in. Not something to big but not something to small. (I was thinking about just buying an NES controller and technically making a DNA20/30 NES Mod but I don't wanna bite Evolv's style although it would be worth biting into! haha) So yeah let me know what I should do! I was thinking of a solid wood type of build but i'd rather take something thats involved in everyday use. Like a gutted stick of deoderant. (How weird could you look vaping on deodorant?!) Let me know some suggestions VT!

~Justin

Whatever you do, be sure to use the proper gauge wire and remember battery safety. Use fuses to protect the board and yourself. If using dual batteries, be sure to put fuses on both batteries for reverse polarity protection.

Whatever you do, be sure to use the proper gauge wire and remember battery safety. Use fuses to protect the board and yourself. If using dual batteries, be sure to put fuses on both batteries for reverse polarity protection.

I was gonna use a vtc4 or two

Still gotta fuse em for protection

It'll be built correctly when a plan is formed and all the materials are collected. I will be doing a bunch of research to on how mods are built and get a good understanding of how to build one properly.

Any questions feel free to ask.

If using a standard type aluminum enclosure you will need a screen cradle to make life easier. They are available in different depths all the way up to 5mm i believe. Just make sure you get the one with the stop.

Screen Cradle

Edited by Proetus

Any questions feel free to ask.

If using a standard type aluminum enclosure you will need a screen cradle to make life easier. They are available in different depths all the way up to 5mm i believe. Just make sure you get the one with the stop.

Screen Cradle

the only reason i would make an aluminum enclosure is to preserve the build as best to its abilities. Although it would be more effective to have a rugged shell made of aluminum it still wouldnt be different then another other metal made mod.

Perhaps i phrased it wrong, the whole point was to suggest the screen cradle. It is specifically made for the dna screen. :D It comes in a variety of depths to accommodate varying thickness of the enclosures.

Edited by Proetus

If I could build one, I'd do it with an M-57 Clacker. It's the vietnam era detonator for explosives. As a former Marine Combat Engineer, that'd be sick! I've seen an image of one turned into a DNA mod, but I'd still buy it if I could, regardless of price!

If I could build one, I'd do it with an M-57 Clacker. It's the vietnam era detonator for explosives. As a former Marine Combat Engineer, that'd be sick! I've seen an image of one turned into a DNA mod, but I'd still buy it if I could, regardless of price!

oh man I like that so much I got chill bumps lol. I would buy one of those no matter what the wife says lmao

I know how that is. Got boxes of old army stuff all over the place lol

When we built our house a couple years ago, the wife made me put ALL my stuff in the attic until we can get a workshop with game-room built. At that point, the game-room will have a "Jarhead" motife. Lol

Perhaps i phrased it wrong, the whole point was to suggest the screen cradle. It is specifically made for the dna screen. :D It comes in a variety of depths to accommodate varying thickness of the enclosures.

ah well i will deffinetly check that out then! I want to take my time when building it and put as much effort into it as possible! TLC

thanks for the suggestion proetus!

• 4 weeks later...