Some advice for person new to vaping.

I'm fairly new to vaping as you will probably tell by the question I'm about to ask. To be able to make your own coils do you need mods? I currently have the 'noobie' starter kit many might start off with, but am looking into making my own coils instead of buying them. Any feedback or websites I can find these items at will be greatly appreciated.

You need a rebuildable atomizing device and some extra money,time and patience. I have been vaping five years and have not felt the need to go to that extreme. It doesn't cost much to vape if you don't get sucked in to buying the newest fads.You can pretty much get a satisfying vape with just about any device out there once you find the right liquid.

The only way we will be able to tell you if you can build a coil for you device is if you can tell us exactly what it is. Coil building is an advaced skill that only experienced vapors should try. You would need some special equipment in order to even try this and be safe. Just my thoughts.

I would not just jump into making coils. **Do your research!** Rip trippers has some good vids on rebuilding coils. You also will need a Ohm meter, Kanthal A wire, Wicking. The right batteries, Battery safety, A RDA or RBA, Mechanical Mod and Again, Do Your Research! Even being an advanced user myself I did lots of video watching before I dove into making coils and still research new ways of doing things and other information. Expect to spend some $$$$$ to get started at least $100 to $200.

Thanks for the replies! Yeah, I've been watching vaping videos before I even starting vaping. Actually found Rip Trippers videos about a week ago. He definitely has some good content in those videos. Guess after watching those videos it makes you feel like you can build anything... until you get the materials and you are clueless :/ DAMN YOUTUBE! LOL. So if I am looking to move on from the starter kit, any suggestions on what I should be looking to get? Thanks again for the replies!

If your going to wait before building your own coil, I would say a vv/vw mod and a good tank like a kanger aero tank or an aspire nautilus. You can get a really good vape with that kind of setup. I have a VTR and a nautilus and aero tank, I've heard good things about the vamo vv/vw mods too. Neither one is to pricey. If u really want to get into building coils, I would start with a patriot clone, 22mm, and a kamery k101 or a kamery kts. I have both and they r nice mods.

building coils isn't that big of a deal. you can even build replaceable coils, in fact you should start with em. get yourself a

protank or vivi nova and start with those with 32ga kanthal and 2m wick. if you don't like building coils stop there and just

purchase coils for the attys. it don't cost a lot and you'll get your feet wet. just type rebuilding a protank coil in youtube,

that's how i started. you get that satisfaction when you take your first hit on something you made. buy small amounts of

coil and wick until you see if you want to continue it doesn't cost much more than a pack of butts.

My best advice to you would be, try learning how to rebuild the coil in a kanger protank coil head. Thats where I started. That way, you dont have to go all out into mechs and rdas/rbas. As long as you keep your builds at or above 1.2ohms you'll be fine when using ego style batteries or a regulated vv/vw device.

I rather build my own coils. I have had genuine kanger coils for the original protank where the leads coming off the coil were soldered on thinner pieces of wire than the coil. And most "factory" coils look sloppy IMO. Building your own coils is better to me because you can get as much flavor and vapor depending how you build your coil and wick it. I got 25' of 30ga round kanthal wire and 5' of 3mm silica wick for $7.09 shipped to my door. That barely buys 5 coils but builds 20+.