Peaches and cream

mikelove

You don't want to use any that has been dyed. Don't know about the white being bleached. Cotton is white naturally so unless someone has contacted the manufacture and has been told it was bleached, there is no way of knowing. What I have is white and makes no reference to it being bleached it just states it is 100% cotton.

I did go to the web site and what they have is one called Ecru, By definition, Ecru stands for the raw state and unbleached. This does not mean that it is undyed it could be a dyed that color as Cotton is not this color naturally.

You don't want to use any that has been dyed. Don't know about the white being bleached. Cotton is white naturally so unless someone has contacted the manufacture and has been told it was bleached, there is no way of knowing. What I have is white and makes no reference to it being bleached it just states it is 100% cotton.

So you get good flavor. Do you treat it any

Some people boil it some do not. The yarn I would boil it just because you don't know about the bleach. When it comes to treating it you get as many ways to treat it as there are different types of wick. Some people swear by cotton others find it tastes funny. It is a personal preference I would say to find a small amount to try and if you don't like it then you are not out a lot o money. The P&C is very inexpensive and can be found at any WalMart. My P&C was only $15 for a cone... 645 meters. This would last most people for many years.

• 2 weeks later...

All cotton (yarn) is chemically treated before processing , whether bleached or not, dyed or not.

I process natural fibers for hand spinners, ex wool, flax hemp cotton, when ever a fiber is mass produced then machine spun they are put through an acid wash to dissolve the vegetable matter bugs etc then bleached then dyed and sprayed again to spin pretty.

Not trying to be a know it all but please wash several times in boiling water w a soap then rinse in a vinegar bath.

I've made a living helping people avoid this even in organic labeled products.

Its ugly, Dont breath it please..