mods and VV / vw advice

Hey everyone, Newby here I've been vaping for about 6 months just standard ego battery to start with and then I moved onto a (VV) ego-v with a kanger t3s, well I'm kinda bored of this now and want to move onto a mod but as I'm still fairy new to vaping and don't really understand the (VV) or (vw) yet can anyone suggest an 'easy' mod that's safe with a decent tank that's not overly priced I'm in the UK and not really worried about the price but don't want to pay 200 on a mod that I'm just starting out on. Also if anyone can put into easy terms what (VV) and (vw) actually do that would be really helpful or point me in the right direction to a tutorial video that's for beginners, because it's really confusing tbh. Atm I'm just using an ego-v and with a kanger t3s and it's set at 3.60 not even sure what it does exactly but if I higher it up say to 5.30 volts it tastes burnt and horrible so it ranges from 3-5 volts so I have it on 3.60 I was looking at the cool fire 1 that has a set wattage of 8.5 I think with the iclear30b is this a good mod for someone just starting out or is the cool fire 2 easy enough to learn, i saw a video of someone who said the wattage made it hotter or cooler is that right sorry I am a noob to VV/vw and don't really understand it all. If anyone replys thanks in advance :)

I would say the Vamo, the Sigelei Zmax, the MVP (box mod), the SVD, all good APVs to start out with. As Irwink said, with MOST of those, you will have to purchase separate batteries and a charger (depending on how much you vape, I would say at least two 18650 batteries, I started out with three, just to be safe), and a good quality charger - I prefer the Nitecore intellicharger. The MVP comes with a built in battery, but you'd need to use your existing VV battery while the MVP is charging (which doesn't actually take that long).

I'm not that keen on the box mod ones well the look of them anyway...think the vamo, what about the tesla is that as easy as the vamo also I wanted to get a rebuildable atomizer but never dripped before I've only ever jist used tanks like kanger and i heard u get better taste plus more vape from is it cartos or attys? Dunno the terms lol this is all new to me does anyone know a decent atomiser to start out on where u drip the juice into it rather then filling up half my tank.. I don't want to start to build or anything just yet I've got alot to learn before I think about that... I did originally want the maraxus with the trident but then realise I wouldn't have a clue what to do with the trident cus I'm just used to standard tanks

3.7 volts is the industry "standard" in basic vaping. Any device that puts out a fixed voltage (isn't variable) is putting out roughly 3.7 volts. Generally it's the perfect balance of power to the heating element (coil) that produces enough heat to give you good vapor.

If you wanted to cook an egg, you could cook it on "low" and wait 15mins- but that's too long. If you cook it on "high" you burn the outside before it cooks in the middle. So somewhere there is a happy medium that balances the cooking time with thorough cooking. Same with vaporizing. 3.7 volts is the "medium" temp that gives you a nice vape. BUT...

Not all juices are created equal. And not all heating elements (coils) are created equal. Some juices can stand a little more heat and still taste good or even better. Some guys smarter than us figured out how to make custom heating coils that can vaporize lots of juice and produce big vapor and lots of taste. And so Variable Voltage was born. With variable voltage you can cook on medium low or stir fry your juice on high, but it requires a proper set up with coil and juice to make a difference.

For most of us "regular vapers" we will never vary our voltage outside of roughly 3.7 - 4.0 volts. In a regular off the shelf coil and tank set up 3.7 volts is the sweet spot and the only variation is the juice. Some juices can take a little more voltage and taste good. Some juices don't like a higher temp (in an off the shelf set up). Variable voltage give you the ability to finely adjust your voltage to your juice.

When you get in to advanced vaping and building your own coils then Variable voltage gives you lots more "playground". You can build super duper coils that can take high voltage and throw massive clouds but this requires more skill and technique and an aptitude for electronics and tinkering that a lot of people don't want to be bothered with to be safe. (Safety is a factor when dealing with advanced set ups. If you don't know what you are doing you can create an ego pipe bomb - I'm being dramatic)

Devices like the Vamo described above are slightly more advanced than a fixed voltage e-cig and are relatively safe because the tanks you put on top of them are still off-the-shelf and user friendly. But they do give you the variability to adjust voltage just like the ego twist or the vision spinner style batteries. They come with a few more features and bells and whistles and they are cool looking and match larger tanks and such.

Wattage - the short version is that the term wattage is used to describe the power that is generated when you put a certain voltage across a coil or heating element. When you "vary the wattage" you are still just "varying the voltage". It's looking at the same equation from two different sides and relatively meaningless to the average vaper.

Hope that helps a little. :)

Wow yeah that has helped alot well explained lol yeah I've got a variable voltage ego-v at the min but just keep it around 3.7- 4.0 cause otherwise I get the burnt taste and the bottom of the tank gets hot if I higher it and try to vape so I just keep it at that.. Gonna get the vamo or tesla I think I like the look of them style ones and seen as they are 'safer' for a noob like me (bells and whistles) I've heard that term before on a deferent forum thought it was just a saying lol :)

Thanks for the info and advice it has helped alot :)